Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riots in Eyre Square

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

loveBBhate wrote: »
    I was up in Leitrim for my Debs night in Carrick, the Landmark I think if was called? The damage that was done that night probably excuses the tomfoolery that went on in Galway courtesy of Leitremees and Leitremettes tonight. That said, I've yet to hear the full details of tonight's shenanigans.

Gaillimh Abú '98 agus '01.

Still living off an all ireland from 12 years ago although to be fair unlike the hurlers at least that Galway team could perform on the big day and i suppose it makes you feel big to be mocking the other connacht counties.The phrase big fish in the small pond springs to mind.:D Look the people causing the trouble are a bunch of clowns but what about the hassle that the native thugs cause in Galway every weekend night.I've never been to Leitrim but i have to stand up for the good people of Leitrim and their county here.So much for Galwegians being the friendliest and most welcoming people in Ireland!:rolleyes: Would some of you be so brave in front of an actual Leitrim person?:D

Lapin wrote: »
    Fixed ;)

Where is the land of 122 all irelands?:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

dunno if it's just 'cos I'm getting old but the standard of NUIG student seems to have dropped a lot in the last few years.

The biggest fools in that video and those in their cars. I would just drive over them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Fixed ;)

In my lifetime though :( :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

dunno if it's just 'cos I'm getting old but the standard of NUIG GMIT student seems to have dropped a lot in the last few years.

FYP ^^

• Advertisement

GigaBaxter wrote: »
    Leitrim is objectively the worst county in Ireland.

Prove me wrong.

I'd say whatever county that spawned an ignorant person like yourself would be worse.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

FYP ^^
    I doubt most of them are from either GMIT or NUIG tbh. Just down from the Leitrim and the NW for the day probably. Farmers on tour hit the big city and always seem to veer towards Fibbers. Nothing that can be done really apart from maybe having a Galway Wednesday in Donegal and wreck the place too.

Still living off an all ireland from 12 years ago although to be fair unlike the hurlers at least that Galway team could perform on the big day and i suppose it makes you feel big to be mocking the other connacht counties.The phrase big fish in the small pond springs to mind.:D Look the people causing the trouble are a bunch of clowns but what about the hassle that the native thugs cause in Galway every weekend night.I've never been to Leitrim but i have to stand up for the good people of Leitrim and their county here.So much for Galwegians being the friendliest and most welcoming people in Ireland!:rolleyes: Would some of you be so brave in front of an actual Leitrim person?:D

How deluded are you? :D Getting a little excited are we and jumping at the first opportunity you get? You sad case! Where did I mock other counties in Connacht? :D Tell me will ya because I can't see it?! Please don't tell me you think I'm being serious with regards the AI dates? A r*tard would see that as obvious sarcasm. Waaaaaah how did ye fair out against the banner? Naaaaah actually wait, my comment regard the GAA was a joke I'm not looking to make it serious like yourself. Please read before you post in the future :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Leitrim day, Donegal Tuesday - rofl !! Tossers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    I doubt most of them are from either GMIT or NUIG tbh. Just down from the Leitrim and the NW for the day probably. Farmers on tour hit the big city and always seem to veer towards Fibbers. Nothing that can be done really apart from maybe having a Galway Wednesday in Donegal and wreck the place too.

True.

Although we have a Galway Friday, Saturday and Sunday here every weekend !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 GigaBaxter

I'm from Leitrim and your comment makes me very mad

Calm your jimmies and present me with proof, there's a good lad.

True.

Although we have a Galway Friday, Saturday and Sunday here every weekend !
    I know weekends can be rough and you'd get an odd scuffle here and there but you wouldn't see gangs of people blocking roads at half 9 at night I don't think, and flaking glass at eachother. What I usually see at the weekends is scumbags fighting scumbags and rarely do civilised people get caught up. Days like this seem different.

How deluded are you? :D Getting a little excited are we and jumping at the first opportunity you get? You sad case! Where did I mock other counties in Connacht? :D Tell me will ya because I can't see it?! Please don't tell me you think I'm being serious with regards the AI dates? A r*tard would see that as obvious sarcasm. Waaaaaah how did ye fair out against the banner? Naaaaah actually wait, my comment regard the GAA was a joke I'm not looking to make it serious like yourself. Please read before you post in the future :D

Who said i was from Cork?:D I just thought that there was no need to be mocking Leitrim over their inability to win an all ireland.They just haven't got the population or resources!

Who said i was from Cork?:D I just thought that there was no need to be mocking Leitrim over their inability to win an all ireland.They just haven't got the population or resources!

U did before u edited your post :D what? Mocking Leitrim over their inability to win an AI? Nothing close to it! That had nothing to do with the situation tonight, just a sarcastic Galway sign off. My good God u really have the wrong idea here :D a hug from your Mother is all you need at this stage because clearly you're riled up this evening and biting at everything that comes near ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

As someone from Leitrim who goes to NUIG i can confirm this. If you gathered all the Leitrim people here(NUIG and GMIT) you would get maybe 80-100 people and even then i think im being a little optimistic.
    There has been a lot of blow ins over the last 2 years when it really snowballed for some reason.
    A portion of people who went this year and last year aren't even from Leitrim.

On a side note after seeing some of the comments in this thread ive never understood the disdain the rest of Ireland seems to have towards Leitrim.

As someone from Leitrim who goes to NUIG i can confirm this. If you gathered all the Leitrim people here(NUIG and GMIT) you would get maybe 80-100 people and even then i think im being a little optimistic.
    There has been a lot of blow ins over the last 2 years when it really snowballed for some reason.

On a side note after seeing some of the comments in this thread ive never understood the disdain the rest of Ireland seems to have towards Leitrim.

I doubt that the ramblings of a few Galweigans are representative of the rest of Irelands thoughts on Leitrim!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Its Dustin's fault

Totally Tropical, not from Cork no? Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha your posts say different lad :) Rookie mistake there :D

U did before u edited your post :D what? Mocking Leitrim over their inability to win an AI? Nothing close to it! That had nothing to do with the situation tonight, just a sarcastic Galway sign off. My good God u really have the wrong idea here :D a hug from your Mother is all you need at this stage because clearly you're riled up this evening and biting at everything that comes near ya :D

Im sorry but i had to make a stand here.Dustin the turkey really has caused a lot of damage to Leitrims reputation!

Totally Tropical, not from Cork no? Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha your posts say different lad :) Rookie mistake there :D

Ah sure someone hijacked my account there.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Leitrim's actually extremely scenic. I would honestly doubt most people are doing anything other than making ignorant comments about somewhere they've never seen and probably couldn't locate on a map.

The population of a Leitrim is also tiny, so I would have my doubts that they're rioting in Galway somehow. There are probably less than 2000 third level students from Leitrim in total scattered around Ireland and elsewhere. I would be surprised if there were more than a couple of hundred in Galway.

HAHAHAHAHA well my God if I've ever come across a bigger hypocrite in my whole life!!!!! Fair amount of county bashing in this post I've pictured below by TOTALLY TROPICAL :D what defines a 'genuine' place TT? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Did 'The Sun' write the thread title, as its about as misleading as one in a tabloid. A bunch of redneck gobsh1tes blocking one side of Eyre Sq isnt a riot.

HAHAHAHAHA well my God if I've ever come across a bigger hypocrite in my whole life!!!!! Fair amount of county bashing in this post I've pictured below by TOTALLY TROPICAL :D

There was no bashing there for gods sake and to be honest i actually am from Leitrim.I just put on the persona of a Cork man to cover up my hidden shame.:cool:

There was no bashing there for gods sake and to be honest i actually from Leitrim.I just put on the persona of a Cork man to cover up my hidden shame.:cool:

'Its a much more genuine place than Galway ... nicer than Limerick'. Keep digging Totally Tropical :D fair to say you've hard your arse handed to ya here. Whatever problems you have going on yourself don't take it to boards and jump at innocent people :) other ways to vent your anger :)

'Its a much more genuine place than Galway ... nicer than Limerick'. Keep digging Totally Tropical :D fair to say you've hard your arse handed to ya here. Whatever problems you have going on yourself don't take it to boards and jump at innocent people :) other ways to vent your anger :)

Sure there's enough people jumping on a place that they've never set foot in in their lives on this thread so i didn't start it!:D

Sure there's enough people jumping on a place that they've never set foot in in their lives on this thread so i didn't start it!:D
    I think most people who make fun of Leitrim are joking to be fair, but you suggesting that Waterford is better than Galway is blasphemous and surely worthy of a permanent ban?!

Ah Totally Tropical Jesus, your posts :O seriously? I'd say about 70% of them are about cities and towns in Ireland and what you dislike about them?! Will u admit that or so I have to keep posting pictures? :D it seems that when Cork gets bad press to u respond in the given thread by saying 'yes but u get this in very county'. Seems u lived in Galway for a whole too or you still do, so whatever bad has happened to you in our county or any others outside Cork I'm truly sorry but we're not all that bad, honestly :) delete your account, start again, and be more positive about counties outside Cork, honestly, you'll thank me :)

I think most people who make fun of Leitrim are joking to be fair, but you suggesting that Waterford is better than Galway is blasphemous and surely worthy of a permanent ban?!

Waterford is very underrated actually!Galway is alright and Salthill is very nice but there's enough people that are love in with Galway.What i think of Galway won't make or break it!

• Advertisement

Ah Totally Tropical Jesus, your posts :O seriously? I'd say about 70% of them are about cities and towns in Ireland and what you dislike about them?! Will u admit that or so I have to keep posting pictures? :D it seems that when Cork gets bad press to u respond in the given thread by saying 'yes but u get this in very county'. Seems u lived in Galway for a whole too or you still do, so whatever bad has happened to you in our county or any others outside Cork I'm truly sorry but we're not all that bad, honestly :) delete your account, start again, and be more positive about counties outside Cork, honestly, you'll thank me :)

Galway is grand.I just like other places more although this is the first time i ever tried to defend a place i've never been to in my life!

Advertisement