Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party venue with a difference..

Options
  • 30-10-2013 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Could anyody suggest a party venue for only about 30 - 40 people? It's a 21st, I'd like somewhere different rather then a typical pub function room.. And also cheap if not free! Has anyone had a party in the top bar of the Clarendon off Grafton St? Its gorgeous I'd Love to know if there's a fee, or if anyone knows of somewhere similar? Central on North Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

The Big Blue Bus behind the George Bernard Shaw looks cool, although if you're not planning on eating it won't work (you need for 50% of your party to order food [pizzas mainly], seats up to 35 people)

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/thebernardshaw/bookings/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

http://www.christchurchdublin.ie/News---Events/Crypt-Hire.htm

You could hire the Crypt at Christchurch (not sure if suitable for a 21st)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

http://www.christchurchdublin.ie/News---Events/Crypt-Hire.htm

You could hire the Crypt at Christchurch (not sure if suitable for a 21st)

I went to a gig in the Crypt and it was amazing definitely a good location and certainly different!!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I had my 30th birthday party upstairs in Toner's of Baggot Street. Cool Old Room with small bar, glass cabinets, mirrors. Decorated it with loads of fairy lights and candles and it looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I had my 21st in Grand Central on the corner of O'Connell and Abbey Street. You can hire the downstairs bar for free (or at least you could a year ago) and do whatever you want music-wise - I just brought an mp3 with a playlist and plugged it into the speaker system, but there's a space for a DJ if you want it. It's essentially your own small private bar for the night, so it was pretty cool. They get booked up really quickly though - I had to have mine a couple weeks after my actual bday cause I left it too late to book...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Downstairs in The Black Sheep might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I went to a birthday party in the top floor of Solas on Wexford St, the space was lovely. Technically it's a smoking section but no non-party goers came up to smoke and not many of the party smoked either, which was great.

Lots of fairly lights, private bar, finger food etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SLou1234

Was the cost much? Thanks

nosietoes wrote: »
    I had my 30th birthday party upstairs in Toner's of Baggot Street. Cool Old Room with small bar, glass cabinets, mirrors. Decorated it with loads of fairy lights and candles and it looked great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

SLou1234 wrote: »

You can't expect us to get prices for you too especially since what night of the week and what month you want to have the party will affect that hugely.

Get on the phone and start ringing around:

Solas - 01-4780583
    Toner's - 01 676 3090
    Clarendon - 01 6170060

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Toner's was free on a Saturday night in January two years ago.

nosietoes wrote: »
    Toner's was free on a Saturday night in January two years ago.

thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Hi - I post this in every venue request thread but I swear it's not shilling! It's a free venue finding service in Dublin, which my friend used to find a pub for a special night out and swore on it - findavenue.ie

YumCha wrote: »
    Hi - I post this in every venue request thread but I swear it's not shilling! It's a free venue finding service in Dublin, which my friend used to find a pub for a special night out and swore on it - findavenue.ie

I did it already, it suggested PLAY nightclub, I wouldnt drink there myself nevermind bring guests there.. thanks a mill tho.

Advertisement