Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dump pouch/cover for P90

• 31-10-2013 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

I made this at the weekend and thought this might be useful to people with a P90 or for an idea for camo gear.

I got a P90 a while back and I've been trying to sort out a decent dump pouch ever since. The standard dump pouch that most people use for M4/AK/G36 mags just isn't big enough once you pull on the draw string. Once you do that it causes the P90 mags to bunch up and pop up out the top - not the best when the mags are pricey enough as it is and made of plastic.

My search led me to the idea of using a hydration pouch with the flap tucked inside. Its long enough for the P90 mag to sit in comfortably without flying out and has attachment points for molle. What also made things awkward is that i have both ACU camo and Flecktarn. I already had an ACU hydration pouch and i didn't want to buy another one in flecktarn so i was looking for some way to add a cover. I found a "buff" type scarf on asmc.de that would seem to do the trick. I added a drawstring by getting out the needle and thread and folding over the end a little. Then did a crap load of little stitches all the way round, leaving a small tube for the paracord to go into. I trimmed the paracord to length and melted the ends and fed it through the new tube I had made.

I now had a flecktarn tube with a drawstring at one end. I have a toggle to add but just tying the paracord will do. When I want to use my flecktarn gear, I can just slide the cover over the pouch and voila! I can tie the flecktarn cover off to a loop inside the pouch and there are straps on the vest which feed into the molle loops on the pouch to secure it to the vest. Depending on how it goes I may seal up the other end to make it a proper bag.

(A tip for tidying the paracord ends - try and use some sort of hot blade instead of a lighter. The outer sheath on the paracord tends to melt at a higher rate than the inner strands. The hot blade makes it easer to shape the ends. I have one for a soldering iron but heating a butter knife with a lighter will do the trick also.)

Here's some pics of the pouch, finished cover and final result.

10582042233_5dca12c833.jpg
    Front of pouch with P90 mag for comparison

10581770655_83183084f6.jpg
    Back of pouch. Straps on the vest attach to the very top molle loops.

10581769135_ea625404b0.jpg
    Pouch flap tucked away and Mag inside

10581767755_5ea405fe54.jpg
    Scarf beside pouch

10581795866_07140be13f.jpg
    Drawstring tube added with paracord

10581789286_eefdbc8153.jpg
    Finished article!

Advertisement