Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

32gb Google Nexus 7 Tablet €149 on Ibood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It's a personal decision KazDub but for me a refurb is second hand and there is no way I would have paid this price for a second hand tablet (not to mention I don't trust IBOOD should there be any issues with it).

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭ubeonek

This bargain blog is just great.

THANKS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    It's a personal decision KazDub but for me a refurb is second hand and there is no way I would have paid this price for a second hand tablet (not to mention I don't trust IBOOD should there be any issues with it).

I've never dealt with ibood before, do you know what they are like for customer service? My concern is trying to make sure that our two kids have the same Nexus, to avoid any arguments. I've been trying to get a Gen1 Nexus for a while now and haven't spotted any for sale, only the 2013 model. It probably is priced too high for a refurb, but sometimes it's worth paying extra to avoid tantrum-induced headaches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Re feckin furbished .. don't know how I didn't spot that before I pulled the trigger ... the model now showing on the website is also running Android 4.3 whereas the earlier one (I think) was running 4.2...

Jaysus .. cancelled it now so hopefully will get the shillings back soon enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

That is my biggest concern. I'm typing this message on a refurb Macbook Air but that was bought directly from Apple so I had confidence that they would react quickly if there was any issues.

Whereas it could be a nightmare dealing with iBood if anything went wrong. I mean who is your guarantee with? Ibood or Google? It would have been a nice Christmas present but I think I will cancel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Sappy404 wrote: »
    The Galaxy Tab 3 7" 8gb is £139 on Amazon at the moment:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DPJ8H8K/ref=s9_hps_bw_g147_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0GVY5NDACG4E3RX3Y7GS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=420361187&pf_rd_i=429892031

See "more buying choices" for the £139 price. Should be free delivery.

How would this compare to the ibood offer (assuming I don't care about it being refurbished)? Tablets are a weird black area of computing for me that I don't understand.

KazDub wrote: »
    I've never dealt with ibood before, do you know what they are like for customer service?

I have no prior experience either KazDub but they certainly seem to attract a lot more complaints than most online retailers so they don't inspire confidence.

Mike1961 wrote: »
    Jaysus .. cancelled it now so hopefully will get the shillings back soon enough

Mike did you originally pay by PayPal? There doesn't seem to be an option to cancel without putting in bank details but I paid via PayPal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Toast wrote: »
    How would this compare to the ibood offer (assuming I don't care about it being refurbished)? Tablets are a weird black area of computing for me that I don't understand.

Comparison here: http://tabletrocket.com/tablets/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-3-7.0-vs-Google-Nexus-7

I'm not sure if that's the right model of Nexus 7 though. The other consideration (not factored in above) is that the Galaxy Tab on Amazon only has 8gb internal storage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They're grand, they just take forever to post stuff - 2 months wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Bought quite a bit from Ibood over the years and never any hassle. Delivery can take a bit of time but as long as you are aware you can buy on that basis.

Also wouldn't be too bothered about the fact they are refurbished... I as well as some others a above have refurbished products with no hassle.

Worth going to see if you can get a second hand 32 gb version on Adverts for this price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Can someone clarify if they were selling reconditioned ones all day. I told a friend this morning and she ordered one around 11am. I only see reconditioned mentioned now. It wasn't mentioned earlier. If someone can clarify this that would be great so she can cancel. (she bought it as a gift and I know she wouldn't fancy giving a used one to anyone.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

no hdmi out either if I remember correct

I think you can get usb -> HDMI converters but there is no dedicated HDMI port, no.

There are a lot of screen mirroring services now that make HDMI redundant anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Can someone clarify if they were selling reconditioned ones all day. I told a friend this morning and she ordered one around 11am. I only see reconditioned mentioned now. It wasn't mentioned earlier. If someone can clarify this that would be great so she can cancel. (she bought it as a gift and I know she wouldn't fancy giving a used one to anyone.)
    I got a mail saying they'd made a mistake as they are reconditioned rather than new, and giving the option to cancel the order. A bit of a con that it takes them so long to refund the money too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Selling the same refurbished on e bay UK for £120 with free UK delivery {parcel motel address needed},works out around 20 euro cheaper that the ibood offer and delivery will be much quicker :)

Dont know how to do a link, but click on deals on the left of the home page and its under the electronics section

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

It didn't say refurbished originally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

NATLOR wrote: »
    Selling the same refurbished on e bay UK for £120 with free UK delivery {parcel motel address needed},works out around 20 euro cheaper that the ibood offer and delivery will be much quicker :)

Dont know how to do a link, but click on deals on the left of the home page and its under the electronics section

60 day warranty on ebay and a 1 year on IBood, I am in two minds over cancelling, will this arrive by xmas on ibood ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

bennyc wrote: »
    60 day warranty on ebay and a 1 year on IBood, I am in two minds over cancelling, will this arrive by xmas on ibood ?

I'd be pretty sure it will...as I mentioned above I have bought quite a bit of stuff off them and delivery is generally 2 - 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

to quote ibood
    Dear iBOOD'er ,

On the 31th of October 2013 you intended to purchase an Asus Google Nexus 7 tablet, for which we are grateful.

Unfortunately we have made a mistake in our specifications and our supplier just pointed us on this.

So therefore we have to rectify our today’s offer. We apologize for this as it has never been our intention to mislead you with our offer.

First of all it is a refurbished tablet that we get supplied. Secondly the warranty that is being provided is one year instead of two years and the tablet is running on Android 3.3 instead of 3.2.

For More specifications, please follow the link: http://uk-en.forum.ibood.com/41733-_asus__google_s_neus_7_32gb_android_42_tablet/

These specifications have been updated with these changes. The price setting of the product has been correct the whole day and is accordingly for a refurbished model of the Google Nexus 7 tablet.

With this rectification we want to provide you with the fair opportunity to decide if you want to keep your order and agree with the rectified specifications as mentioned above or that you choose to cancel your order as you do not wish to receive a refurbished model. In case you want to cancel your order free of charge you can do this quickly via your 'My iBOOD "Account. Go to My Orders> see order number for a service request. In your account, you have the ability to directly enter your financial details and the full purchase amount will be refunded in 5 to 10 days on your bank account.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Nevertheless, we hope to have informed you accordingly and we hope to see you again despite this unfortunate mistake.

On behalf of the whole IBOOD team , we wish you a lovely day!

I'm now also unsure of whether to continue or not..

EDIT8 it also says in this mail that its runnning 3.2 not 3.3??? wtf happened to 4.2

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

ewj1978 wrote: »
    to quote ibood

I'm now also unsure of whether to continue or not..

EDIT8 it also says in this mail that its runnning 3.2 not 3.3??? wtf happened to 4.2

I assume it meant 4.2...nothing runs on 3 anymore

In 2 minds myself...will it still look like new as its a kids present ? Dont mind the fact its refurbished too much for the price.

• Advertisement

I've bought loads of refurbished stuff over the years but this has me worried.. incorrectly advertised and all..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I often buy refurbished IT kit where I can. Cheaper, same kit, well tested by the manufacturer. The only downside is the packaging isn't often as good, but for the price I've no problem with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I am going to keep the order I reckon, 1 year warranty .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

So! What to do now then? After nearly a whole day pondering I finally sat down to my laptop, logged into ibood and went to buy two of these things for the kids for Christmas and it's only THEN I suddenly saw the "refurbished" addition to the description.

I've gone cold on it now. :(

Decided that i'll stick with it. I've bought loads of refurbed DELL laptops over the years and never had an issue..

The 1 year warranty helps too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

ibood are cowboys, simples

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Calico101

Worth mentioning that this is the 1st generation (2012) Nexus 7. Still a great tablet especially at this price but display, sound and speed not on par with the 2013 version. It has no front facing camera either.

EDIT I see this has already been covered on page 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

bennyc wrote: »
    That will do me :D pulling trigger now

Now that I see they are refurbs.....im happy with the Sammy

Mike did you originally pay by PayPal? There doesn't seem to be an option to cancel without putting in bank details but I paid via PayPal.
    I paid by visa and also had to enter bank details for refund (iban code and all)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Calico101

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Simon_K wrote: »
    For those missing the SD card slot...

Get a USB OTG cable and a pendrive/HDD. Problem partially solved (the dangling cable/huge hdd can be a hassle to some)
    Yes you forgot to include that you must install the Nexus Media app, which is a paid app, albeit only a few euro.

However, I have UPC horizon, and I found that a Google Chromecast is the way to go.

Very easy to set-up on UPC horizon, and you can view YouTube and Netflix on your TV, but control them from your tablet.

Likewise if you install the Chromecast extension in Chrome, you can broadcast Chrome to your TV. Google Chrome allows you drag and drop movies and music in mp4 format onto the browser and it plays them.

If you are watching videos from www.Vodly.to or other www.footytube.com, and you have an android tablet, the only way to watch flash, is to install the Adobe Flash for Android 4.0 archives from here, and then view your flash videos in Firefox BETA. But you can't broadcast Firefox beta through the chromecast...:mad: So, I need a solution to broadcast movies in flash to the TV....

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Yeah its either that or a root. I forgot because OTG works just fine on my s4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Calico101 wrote: »
    Refurbished by the looks of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Think it's time to unsubscribe from the ibood emails. This is far from the first "oops" on electronics of late. Was disappointed to see that email, I'd just ordered a second as a Christmas present for my Mum, definitely cancelling that one, am in two minds about the one for me.

Mike1961 wrote: »
    I paid by visa and also had to enter bank details for refund (iban code and all)

Thanks Mike, I didn't enter correct bank details but stated I wanted a refund via PayPal and in fairness to IBOOD I got my refund there this morning so no complaints on that front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

cancelled - paid with paypal, so just threw any old details in to the IBAN page (I used example iban from AIBs site), and added comment to be refunded via paypal. Any hint of an issue, and Im lodging a dispute :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I emailed them last night and asked to be refunded through Paypal and this morning there was an email saying that they would refund do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Wossack wrote: »
    cancelled - paid with paypal, so just threw any old details in to the IBAN page (I used example iban from AIBs site), and added comment to be refunded via paypal. Any hint of an issue, and Im lodging a dispute :/

Surely you have to use your own iban number? Without that I doubt you'll get refunded.

Wossack wrote: »

That's exactly what I did and it was refunded via PayPal this morning so you should be ok as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭charlesh

i had a couple of bad experiences with ibood - havent bought anything in years off them.
    maybe they are better than before.
    it took a very long time for them to deliver the goods.
    in 2 months whos to say the galaxy 3 7inch wont be the same price.
    and the galaxy has the camera at the back - and more importantly it has an SD card for expansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I opted not to cancel my own one...hope it's the right decision, now to find an appropriate tablet or netbook for my Mum for Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

NATLOR wrote: »

did anybody go ahead and buy the tablet on ebay? seems a good price and quick delivery when using parcel motel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Google-Nexus-7-ME370T-Tablet-Grade-A-32GB-WiFi-Black-Android-OS-/360685446833?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item53fa8726b1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

gustafo wrote: »
    did anybody go ahead and buy the tablet on ebay? seems a good price and quick delivery when using parcel motel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-Google-Nexus-7-ME370T-Tablet-Grade-A-32GB-WiFi-Black-Android-OS-/360685446833?pt=UK_iPad_Tablets_eReaders&hash=item53fa8726b1

only 60 day warranty though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

gustafo wrote: »

+1, really considering getting it.

I don't know if it is is exactly the same model but it is available here (seemingly new although given the IBOOD mistake you may want to confirm!) for just €165.99

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I don't know if it is is exactly the same model but it is available here (seemingly new although given the IBOOD mistake you may want to confirm!) for just €165.99

That's not the 2013 model, it only has one camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

is the ebay one the 2013 model?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The one in the OP isn't the 2013 model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

The one in the OP isn't the 2013 model.

the one in the OP had 32gb though. Still not a bad deal for new. The best price I've seen
    the newer 2013 32gb model is on amazon, about €255

Add in the postage and it comes to €179.51. Still not a bad price though

• Advertisement
Advertisement