Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

32gb Google Nexus 7 Tablet €149 on Ibood

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I don't know if it is is exactly the same model but it is available here (seemingly new although given the IBOOD mistake you may want to confirm!) for just €165.99

It's the old model, for the extra few bob I'd go with the newer version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Wossack wrote: »
    cancelled - paid with paypal, so just threw any old details in to the IBAN page (I used example iban from AIBs site), and added comment to be refunded via paypal. Any hint of an issue, and Im lodging a dispute :/

You can just generate your IBAN from your Sort Code and Account number here:
    http://www.ibancalculator.com/iban_and_bic.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

didnt want to give my account numbers at all - I paid with paypal, and wanted to be refunded the same way. Took them a while, but got a paypal email yesterday acknowledging the refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

Mike1961 wrote: »
    Re feckin furbished .. don't know how I didn't spot that before I pulled the trigger ... the model now showing on the website is also running Android 4.3 whereas the earlier one (I think) was running 4.2...

Jaysus .. cancelled it now so hopefully will get the shillings back soon enough

Still waiting for my refund...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Mine came through there yesterday - did you get an email from IBOOD confirming the refund? It could well be that it is slower via the bank account route than a paypal refund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Me too. I have the confirmation of cancellation and refund from ibood, but it hasn't been credited back. Pretty sure they said 5-10 days for a refund to get back.

Mine came through there yesterday - did you get an email from IBOOD confirming the refund? It could well be that it is slower via the bank account route than a paypal refund.

Yep - got the cancellation email last Thurs (31/10) and the credit email last Friday... shouldn't be long now..

Ah grand .. refund lodged to my a/c today. BTW I got the Nexus 7 2013 model (2GB ram) in PC World over the weekend- their's is the best price around at the minute (€249 and €30 cashback => €219). Can claim cashback 21 days after purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,511 ✭✭✭Macy0161

My refund came through on Friday. Probably safer that the two children have the same model anyway on reflection.

Will be looking around now - what's the story with that PC World deal? Is it actual cash back, or a voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Macy0161 wrote: »
    My refund came through on Friday. Probably safer that the two children have the same model anyway on reflection.

Will be looking around now - what's the story with that PC World deal? Is it actual cash back, or a voucher?

Paid into Bank account
    https://www.curryspcworldcashback.ie/ie/en/pages/xmas/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

How nosey/invasive is the online form, just enough details to get the cashback, or annoying questionnaire *necessary details* type lark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

No idea sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

So is there anymore info on the pc world offer? Sounds too good to be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Slightly off topic perhaps, but I too was very tempted by the ibood offer & I've been kinda mooching around for an alternative.
    Did electrical at the moment have a Hanspree 10.1 inch quadcore tab for 169. I went down and had a play. It's very nice, the specs are fine: a gig ram, 16gig expandable storage, 1.2 processor. I honestly can't tell the difference between it and its 270 euro samsung/toshiba etc equivalents.

In my experience DID are great with issues/returns etc as long as you keep receipts.

Note : not to be confused with the other 9.7" hanspree they have for 150 ish, which is a bit crap

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SimonFM

Xtra-vision in Greystones have it for 219 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Refurbished by the looks of it?

Know someone in states this week.

Why do you say its refurbished?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Thanks Mike, I didn't enter correct bank details but stated I wanted a refund via PayPal and in fairness to IBOOD I got my refund there this morning so no complaints on that front.

I'm trying to cancel but can't seem to make up an appropriate fictitious IBAN account number.

Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Sneachta wrote: »
    I'm trying to cancel but can't seem to make up an appropriate fictitious IBAN account number.

Any advice?

I just emailed them and said I wanted a refund through PayPal and they sorted it out. There should be an email address on your PayPal order confirmation page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I just emailed them and said I wanted a refund through PayPal and they sorted it out. There should be an email address on your PayPal order confirmation page.

Also you can initiate a complaint through PayPal which may speed things up a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

just got this..
    31-10-2013 you have ordered via iBOOD one or more ASUS / Google 's Nexus 7 32GB Android 4.3 Tablet (refurbished).

Unfortunately we have to inform you that there is a delivery delay. The new expected shipping date is 18-11-2013.

As soon as your order will be dispatched you will receive a shipping confirmation, containing a track & trace code. With this code you can see what the expected delivery date will be.

In case you decide to cancel your order, you can send us a request via 'My iBOOD'. Our apologies for the inconvenience this delay may cause.

In case you have questions, please contact our Customer service by using the contact form on our website.

Best regards,

iBOOD.com
    Customer service

If its not dispatched by the 18th I'll also be cancelling it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just got this in an email from dabs.ie - it's the 16Gb old model for €157. Definitely a bargain for anyone who's been let down by iBood.

aye.. not refurbished as well.. looks a decent price.

Half tempted to cancel it now and buy something else..
    DID have a hannspree 10.1" quad for not much more. Decisions, decisons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

ewj1978 wrote: »
    aye.. not refurbished as well.. looks a decent price.

Half tempted to cancel it now and buy something else..
    DID have a hannspree 10.1" quad for not much more. Decisions, decisons.

I had look at that hannspree one looks good for the price. Any reviews ?

few and far between... didnt copy any locations but from what i remember today the build quality isn't the best, camera's are sh*te but its a decent quad core with 1gb ram and a 10" screen..

Other one I'm tempted by is actually the Tesco Hudl.. It'll be aprrox €130 1.5ghz quad,1gb Ram, hdmi connections etc.. only a 7" but has rear/front camera's compared to the 1st Gen Nexus only 1 camera..

So much choice.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

few and far between... didnt copy any locations but from what i remember today the build quality isn't the best, camera's are sh*te but its a decent quad core with 1gb ram and a 10" screen..

Other one I'm tempted by is actually the Tesco Hudl.. It'll be aprrox €130 1.5ghz quad,1gb Ram, hdmi connections etc.. only a 7" but has rear/front camera's compared to the 1st Gen Nexus only 1 camera..

Kobo 7" is worth a look too, €99 in Curry's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭christyden

Its a 10 inch I'm after for a x mas present. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great max 200 I be looking to pay. Thanks . should I just go with the did one? Its for a 11 year old so camera shouldn't really be a big issue

Got cold feet, cancelled the order there. Probably going to buy the tesco Hudl when I'm up North next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

just got shipping tracking number

me too! cancelled it 4 hours ago and then get an email saying its been shipped.. Well by that they've created a shipping order.. UPS don't have the items yet.

FFS! now what the hell do I do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Just got email now saying my order has been shipped.I got email yesterday saying it wouldn't be sent until the 18th of Nov.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭bidiots

From all this messing around, I think its pretty certain now that iBood are on a par with bloody Infurn! Search boards for infurn if you have no idea what I'm on about...
    So any more iBood deals....
    Xg6q4JL.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

me too! cancelled it 4 hours ago and then get an email saying its been shipped.. Well by that they've created a shipping order.. UPS don't have the items yet.

FFS! now what the hell do I do..

take the money, if the device arrives you can promise to pay them ;)

I wish.. they've responded to say the item was shipped and if I wish to return it i'll have to pay for the return postage and etc..

Was cancelling because I wasnt certain they'd arrive. UPS have them now in the UK so should be here on Monday.

anyones arrive yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

anyones arrive yet?

It's with Parcel Motel, will collect it tomorrow after work.

Both arrived today. Seem to be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Got it today.It looks like it's new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Got mine this am , looks perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Got my 2 yesterday..happy days.. 20days for delivery is grand. As I mentioned before I've never had an issue with IBOOD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

Is this worth it? On the lookout for a good tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Couple of people asking about the Hanspree quad core in DID. Our school just bought a bunch of them and I took one home last night.
    It's a grand yoke I have to say. It's fine, it's a vanilla android tablet, does ask the things you'd expect of the OS and it's a pleasant feeling and looking tab. For 169 I think it's a good deal. I certainly don't see why anyone would bypass it and pay 100 euro more for a same-as Samsung/Toshiba etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Arrived to Parcel Motel last night, picked it up today. Absolutely perfect condition, not a single scratch anywhere. The only difference between this and my last purchase of a non-refurb N7 is that this one didn't come in the official black packaging. It still came all wrapped up well with the user manual and 3 pin plug though so all in all delighted with the purchase.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Slightly regretting cancelling mine now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Slightly regretting cancelling mine now :rolleyes:

I bought a refurb 1 on ebay there is a link a few pages back, tis absolutely perfect like new also very quick delivery to parcel motel, all in with the PM delivery it cost 148 euro.

You can get a new 16GB one for about €140 with PM if you're still looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Is this Kosher? I'm very interested, also regretting cancelling mine from ibood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

athtrasna wrote: »
    Is this Kosher? I'm very interested, also regretting cancelling mine from ibood

Daily deals on E Bay are as bullet proof as you can get and Dabs outlet have been selling from there for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭baldshin

Won't post to Northern Ireland :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Berberis

How much would this cost to buy in Ireland

Advertisement