Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 month old waking

Options
  • 31-10-2013 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue- out of the blue 4 nights ago my LO has started waking up hysterical pretty much right at midnight every night. Before if he woke we could settle him with the dummy and that was it. Now its 40 minutes of rocking and that's not really working. The only thing that gets him to sleep is rocking him in his pram. Calpol or neurophen seem to have no effect.
    After 4 nights of next to no sleep and 4 days of crankt baby im starting to despair....any advice appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Anyone? *crickets chirping*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Rachineire wrote: »
    Anyone? *crickets chirping*

Ahh, are ya all on your own in here :)

I'm going to say teething. The next couple of months will be tough with the back ones starting to come through and the top front ones were bad here too. But also they go through some developmental growth spurts around that time(I think its around ten/11 months) and that messes them up a bit.
    There was a time I was having to give nurofen most nights because he was so so bad and like that would wake up roaring and whimpering in his sleep all the time. It will pass :)

Have you introduced any new foods lately that could be causing pains??

Sorry I haven't really told you anything you don't already know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

On our son we found that we'd have 4-5 weeks of great sleeping, 2-3 weeks of terrible sleeping and then back to 4-5 good sleeping again. That pattern pretty much kept going until he was 2 years old. Sometimes it was teething but other times it was more to do with leaps and learning new skills or night terrors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

If not teething id say some sort of development. My LO became restless just before she started to crawl then again before she started walking. It was like she was trying to process it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I think it sounds like teething too. My 9 month old is the best little sleeper but some nights he wakes screaming for no apparent reason and the next day he would be trying to chew on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 louhiggins

Rachineire wrote: »
    Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue- out of the blue 4 nights ago my LO has started waking up hysterical pretty much right at midnight every night. Before if he woke we could settle him with the dummy and that was it. Now its 40 minutes of rocking and that's not really working. The only thing that gets him to sleep is rocking him in his pram. Calpol or neurophen seem to have no effect.
    After 4 nights of next to no sleep and 4 days of crankt baby im starting to despair....any advice appreciated!!

Hi, I had the same problem with my little man and he has just come out of it in the last few months. I was worried sick, took him to see a few different doctors and spoke to lots of other parents and luckily enough it was just a phase!! I think that it was a lot to do with him teething too though and eventually he settled back into his sleep by himself. The fact that your son is only going through this the last 4 days I would advice you to sit tight and maybe wait till next week to see if it stops. If by next week this is still happening I would just bring him to the doctor just to be extra safe but I wouldn't worry too much as I have had the same experience and know of other people who have too and it tends to be a phase!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

Hi,

Thanks for all of the replies sorry i havnt had a chance to get back to anyone- I got the vomiting bug and i was out of commission for the last day or so!

I know he has only started it recently but he is waking every hour and it takes ages to settle him and maybe 20 minutes after he settles hes at it again. the only way we can get him to sleep at all is in his pram (i feel like the worlds worst mom cause he is sleeping in his pram every night) He starts off the night ok, in his cot, sleeps for 3 or 4 hours and then at midnight it begins again!

My MIL told my husband that because he eats mostly vegtables (i make all of his baby food i think something that has always kinda bugged her for some reason) and no meat (ive tried to introduce meat, hes not a fan so ive been slow to do it) that he is probably just hungry and to give him a bottle when he wakes up. now ive been trying to cut out bottles. Ive gone from 3 8 oz bottles a day to two 6oz bottles (one with breakfast and one with lunch) and an 8oz bottle when we are putting him to bed. well my Husband last night gave him TEN oz and he guzzled them and still was up crying.

so unsure of what to do and annoyed about the bottle. ok so he was probably hungry if he could eat 10 oz....but it didnt make him sleep?? :confused:

Advertisement