Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly Wellington Beers

Options
  • 31-10-2013 5:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

The Wellington Irish Society is a hidden gem down Cambridge Terrace and new members are always welcome! Lovely cheap pints and good craic and chats to be had with Irish emigrants young and old!

Its open every Friday and Sunday evening but I'd love to get a regular Boards.ie meetup there if anyones interested? Could choose a certain night each month. The Wellington GAA have a table quiz there the last Friday of each month which is great craic.

Cheapest Guinness in town!!!!

$7 guinness and Kilkenny Pints
    $4.50 speights pints
    $5 Coronna\Steins\Heine bottles
    $6 Isacs cider bottles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Yeah, Id be interested as a Boards.ie buddies sort of thing (and not so much just purely an oirish thing ;) ).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Excellent idea - you guys start the whip-around for my airfare, and I'll start investigating flights.... :D

Seriously though, it sounds like a great idea, and a good way of meeting a few new people. I hope it takes off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I arrive 8 weeks from today, so count me in once i get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Just Been here 3 weeks now, would love to meet some Irish Boardsies.
    Count me and the missus in if you go through with this. (we're in our early 20's).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Crow92 wrote: »
    Just Been here 3 weeks now, would love to meet some Irish Boardsies.
    Count me and the missus in if you go through with this. (we're in our early 20's).

Fair enough but no need to brag about it. . :p;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Anyone fancy meeting up here some Friday soon? I've recently moved to Wellington and would like to say hi!

Its been waaay too long since I went to a boards beers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭davepatr07

Been in Welly for over a year now (for the 2nd time) but never got round to joining an Irish Society. Was at the pre St Paddy's Day session in Lower Hutt this year where the Society there invited some musicians from the homeland including Liam O Maonlai to play some jigs and reels. Absolute brilliant stuff, but made me a bit homesick:(

Would love to meet up with fellow Irish for a monthly catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I've lived here on and off for around 4 years but have only ever made it the Irish Society a couple of times (used to live couple of mins walk from there too) and that was ages ago so would be keen for some boards catchup.
    Went to one when I first came here (in Tastings Room) and a few people turned up including Mr. Clancy!

Will there be pineapple lumps??

I reckon we should organise a friday so... I'm sure someone could rustle up pineapple lumps too!

Haha yeah I'm definitely up for this. I've also remembered to follow this thread this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

I'm working at the Irish soc Friday 13th June, how about that night to kick things off?

730 until 11.

Could meet in cbd between 5-7 also.

You don't have to be a member to come along, friends, family and lovers all welcome

Sounds good - I'll be there on the 13th :-)

Anyone else for a pint tomorrow? I'll be there with daiixi from 7:30 or so

The GAA crowd are coming I think, and usually Friday's some musicians drop in around 8.30 for a session for a few hours so should be a good night.

I'll be opening around 7.30.

Sorry I didn't make it as I ended up going to see Wellington Saints play.

Hope ye had a good night and I'll try make next one.

Daiixi and I got there for a bit, and had a couple of pints. We'll definitely come again next month and see if we can get some momentum going!

Shame about the efpos machine :D We ran out of actual cash too early!

EFTPOS machine now fixed and ready to accept your hard-earned cash :)

Next big event is the Mid-Winter Xmas dinner! 12th July 7.30.

Always a good night to help you get over the winter blues and any homesickness that might be brewing during the long, cold nights.

They basically cook a huge Xmas dinner with all the trimmings, decorate the hall with Xmas stuff and put on some great live music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Mid-Winter Xmas dinner? I'm in!

A plug for this Saturday Night at the Wellington Irish Society, there will be a slapup Christmas dinner served with all the trimmings! Instant homesickness cure :) Then live music from the resident band and the Wellington GAA are holding their race night afterwards.

So a great night to meet new people, young and old, enjoy a nice home-style meal and of course cheap bar prices as always.

....and the bloody EFTPOS machine is working again so no need to bring cash :)

http://www.wellingtonirishsociety.com/events.html

Doh I forgot this was on Saturday as wanted to catch up. Have prior plans but they may be finished early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,943 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

pclancy wrote: »
    ....and the bloody EFTPOS machine is working again so no need to bring cash :)

Shure'n if it was a genuine Irish evening, there would be no EFTPOS, and the nearest Laser machine would be at least a mile away :-)

Advertisement