Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will my bill be reissued?

Options
  • 31-10-2013 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just a quick question... we gave notice of our intention to cancel by email just over a month ago but there was some sort of issue where the mail wasn't seen until a few days after we sent it so when we spoke to someone in customer care they said they would put a note on the file to say it was ok to disconnect it on the 23rd October as that was when notice was sent and the system wouldn't automatically cancel it. We were away for the long weekend so when I got back on Tuesday I called customer care to remind them to cancel, which they have and they back-dated the cancellation to the 23rd as requested. 

Also on Tuesday we received our bill which is for calls to 21st October and rental from 22nd October to 21st November. Will this bill be cancelled and a new one with the rental from 22nd-23rd only issued? I really don't want to have to pay this bill and then wait to receive a refund. 
    I'll send my account details by PM so you have them, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi guys, just a quick question... we gave notice of our intention to cancel by email just over a month ago but there was some sort of issue where the mail wasn't seen until a few days after we sent it so when we spoke to someone in customer care they said they would put a note on the file to say it was ok to disconnect it on the 23rd October as that was when notice was sent and the system wouldn't automatically cancel it. We were away for the long weekend so when I got back on Tuesday I called customer care to remind them to cancel, which they have and they back-dated the cancellation to the 23rd as requested. 

Also on Tuesday we received our bill which is for calls to 21st October and rental from 22nd October to 21st November. Will this bill be cancelled and a new one with the rental from 22nd-23rd only issued? I really don't want to have to pay this bill and then wait to receive a refund. 
    I'll send my account details by PM so you have them, thanks
    Hi angeldelight

Can you PM us with your eircom account number and name on the account and I will look into that for you.

A final bill is always issued after the account has been cancelled which will refund any advance charges for line rental or broadband rental charged in advance.

Mark

Advertisement