Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 question

Options
  • 31-10-2013 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

So I bought this model, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) WiFi, as a deal and is due for delivery either today or tomorrow. Now question is do I keep it or sell on? already have 2 mates looking to buy it off me...

I recently purchase a Nook HD+ and that has been going nicely, had it rooted with Cynagenmod but reverted back to the base software stack but will probably root again. My brother wants to buy this off me for his kids for Xmas so can keep or sell that on.

My wife is looking for new tablet and was going to by ipad but picked up the samsung instead for the moment.

So question is do I keep the Samsung or am I better just selling on, and going out and buying a Ipad or Nexus instead? money not a huge concern as sold a laptop and have that burning hole in back pocket still to help with new Ipad/Nexus costs...asking now before I use as better resale value if I don't even open up the Samsung

Also I have Samsung S3 phone so know the software layout, also use an Iphone so don't see massive benefits of one over the other.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi, How do you find the wifi on the Tab 2?
    I bought one in DID 2 months ago on a Samsung promotion. It was a present for my wife. She loves it - but. It keeps on losing Wifi connection. Brought it back to DID and they gave me a new model (which was very nice of them).
    However the new model is exactly the same.
    Have searched the web and have come across some articles about a wifi issue fault and a fix which requires changes to the root directory (also on boards.ie).
    We don't have a wifi issue in the house as we have a number of laptops, smartphones an a Samsung smart TV. No issues with any of these over the wifi.
    Even when we disconnect everything else from the wifi network the Tab 2, keeps on losing its connection.
    I wonder has anyone else had the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Malarkey121

I bought 2 of them Samsung tabs with that €50 cash-back offer last year, have had no issues in fact find it a great tablet have 32GB micro sd in it and have a ton of movies, music and 500 books on it.
    Works fast and can get most stuff easy onto it eg: movie players and widgets are also handy.
    Never had an issue with dropping Wifi - last week a pop up came up Android update which took awhile to update but then it rebooted the tablet and once back on it had a revamped look and sorted out the apps into neat groups and makes it actually quicker.

deleting your wireless network on the tablet and then reconnect, enter password to your Wifi network might refresh it?

Advertisement