Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danske bank to close retail customer accounts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nicky5mx

The rate of 3.15% will be back up to 4.15% within 12 months. Good chance that it will not stop there if the loan book is sold to some hedge fund vultures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

Ryaned40 wrote: »
    Danske bank did not reply to offer of mediation. Got confirmed today by fso and told that formal investigation will commence shortly and that I will be informed when in the next few weeks

You will be informed in a few weeks of the result of the inquiry or that the inquiry will start in a few weeks? Just wondering at the turnaround.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Emailed the FSO to find out about the mediation. But it looks like they aren't going to go into it.

Got the letter, zero mention of the -1% rate staying there for the lifetime of the mortgage so also suspect it will change within a short period.
    They are running away with this and nothing anyone can do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭robbe

I have yet to respond to the FSO's letter regarding mediation but I intend to reject the mediation process and proceed directly to the complaint adjudication stage. I've no clue as to how long this will take but it seem's better to do this than wait for Danske to kick out another 2 weeks and delay the matter. Tomorrow is the savings account D-Day so I will be transferring its contents into the current account (not ideal) which terminates next month. Curiously my debit card, despite having an expiry date in 2016 has been picked up by eflow as expiring at the end of the month......

Curious to know if anyone has found out whether Danske have declined the formal offer of mediation.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

Danske are being absolutely obnoxious with me....

I've been pushing to pay mortgage by standing order, likewise for credit card debt. Got an email essentially pushing for direct debit, even threatening to terminate mortgage agreement.

That'll be another formal complaint.... I've asked them to indicate on what legal grounds they are threatening to do so given the fact that direct debit or standing order provision is outlined in my terms and conditions.

Being absolute p***ks now and couldn't give a damn! If FSO doesn't have a pair or has the teeth and doesn't use them then the only alternative would be high court. They are abusing their position and they know it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Ryaned40

dolallyoh wrote: »
    You will be informed in a few weeks of the result of the inquiry or that the inquiry will start in a few weeks? Just wondering at the turnaround.

The inquiry will commence within two weeks and that I will be informed when it starts but nothing about how long it will take

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Interesting that my mortgage service account has now been left open, even though it was due to close today.
    They also told me that they can't send my TRS to my Danske business account and that they need the details of my new account.... I asked them for a logical reason why a fully functioning business account, which I have transferred in and out of and which I pay into and bills out of can't be used for my TRS.

yop wrote: »
    Interesting that my mortgage service account has now been left open, even though it was due to close today.
    They also told me that they can't send my TRS to my Danske business account and that they need the details of my new account.... I asked them for a logical reason why a fully functioning business account, which I have transferred in and out of and which I pay into and bills out of can't be used for my TRS.

I left some cents in the offset savings account which was to be terminated today - probably the financial equivalent of sticking your head out the window of a moving train but it's less than 50c. Notice that it appears on internet banking now as a 'credit holding account' rather than an offset savings account but is still open - assume it now doesn't form part of the offset arrangement. Not sure if it would still be open if there was nothing in it.....

I have rejected the offer of informal mediation - did anyone formally learn that Danske had rejected mediation? Has anyone actually spoken to the FSO case officer (for what it would be worth)? No call back from anyone in Danske re DD/SO requests - TRS not applicable to me so I'm in no particular hurry to do anything for them!

robbe wrote: »
    I left some cents in the offset savings account which was to be terminated today - probably the financial equivalent of sticking your head out the window of a moving train but it's less than 50c. Notice that it appears on internet banking now as a 'credit holding account' rather than an offset savings account but is still open - assume it now doesn't form part of the offset arrangement. Not sure if it would still be open if there was nothing in it.....

I have rejected the offer of informal mediation - did anyone formally learn that Danske had rejected mediation? Has anyone actually spoken to the FSO case officer (for what it would be worth)? No call back from anyone in Danske re DD/SO requests - TRS not applicable to me so I'm in no particular hurry to do anything for them!

I have left "69" cents in the 2 account ;)
    FSO have not returned my requests for an update.

Checked the 4 savings accounts today which all have 10 euro in each ! Nothing has happened, all still open and I can still transfer money back and forward ! Maybe it's after today that they will close me thinks!

• Advertisement

Checked the 4 savings accounts today which all have 10 euro in each ! Nothing has happened, all still open and I can still transfer money back and forward ! Maybe it's after today that they will close me thinks!

The girl on TodayFM back in Feb said they can't close the account if there is any money in them.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Last night I scheduled for today, an internal transfer and also a small transfer to my new bank. Both showed as pending.
    Sometime before 7:00am my internal transfer went through but the other one just disappeared.
    It seems they closed converted my current and savings accounts to credit holding accounts at start of business. If I try any type of transfer a message, "do not enter debit amount in from account", pops up.
    If they'd shut accounts at end of business I'd have been able to clear my CC account and close the others.

Just got a reply from fso following a query I made to confirm that formal investigation will start within two weeks ! They are now stating that it's going to take 6 to 8 weeks before it commences . Officially danske bank never replied to the mediation offer so they thanked me for agreeing to take part but that danske didn't reply to offer. At least that's looking good on my part that we are prepared to solve the matter and that they have no interest in doing so. Looks like it will take a while until they will come up with a decision , in for a long haul ! Quietly confident at the moment so stick with it lads, the more that are in this process the outcome should be in our favour !

Just got a reply from fso following a query I made to confirm that formal investigation will start within two weeks ! They are now stating that it's going to take 6 to 8 weeks before it commences . Officially danske bank never replied to the mediation offer so they thanked me for agreeing to take part but that danske didn't reply to offer. At least that's looking good on my part that we are prepared to solve the matter and that they have no interest in doing so. Looks like it will take a while until they will come up with a decision , in for a long haul ! Quietly confident at the moment so stick with it lads, the more that are in this process the outcome should be in our favour !

Thanks for the update. With any luck there will be a huge contingent of people willing to put a bit of effort in and the decision will go in our favour. Pity it cannot be resolved within the timescale of the account closures. Not surprised Danske didn't respond to the offer of mediation - consistent with their attitude over the past few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hi all

They closed the credit card account today. However they have charged the €30.00 stamp duty again even though it was paid. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi all

They closed the credit card account today. However they have charged the €30.00 stamp duty again even though it was paid. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Yes, this happened to me too. I logged on this morning to bid fond farewell to my credit card account. €30 had been taken on 1 April so on 16 April I transferred €30 to the account to zeroise it.

This morning I was shocked to see that my balance was -€30 again. I rang them and the explanation I got was that the 1 April amount covered April 2013 to March 2014. The 25 April amount covers April 2014 to March 2015. They said that they have been instructed by Revenue to collect this amount, which would normally be collected in April 2015, as the account is being closed today.

They will send a letter to me to give to my next credit card provider so that I won't be deducted for 14-15 again. However, I am currently a full time (mature) student and I have been turned down by a few companies for a credit card because of my student status. It looks like I'll just have to suck it up.

When talking to the Dankse person on the phone this morning I said that I could have been spared this extra charge if I had closed the account before 1 April. He told me that this piece of advice was in their letter which they sent to me about the account closures. I don't remember seeing this.

Anyway, it seems its a Revenue problem and not a Danske one although it wouldn't be a problem if Danske hadn't decided to close my credit card account in the first place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi all

The charge on 1/4/14 was for tax year April 1 2013 to march 31 2014.
    Because the account was open and available for use after the 1st April 2014 we are into the next tax year so have to pay for the year 2014/2015.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

chughes wrote: »
    ...it wouldn't be a problem if Danske hadn't decided to close my credit card account in the first place :(

Agreed.
    After I get my statements next?? week, I shall be sending a mail expressing my displeasure and will also be suggesting that as it was their decision, not mine, to close accounts then they should pay the €30.00.

Yeah, okay, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Reggie 365

Got email this evening to say I've received mail from Danske and to check in my electronic mailbox. However when I log in and go to mail box there is no mail present, sent or received (and I've sent them a few lately) Anyone any ideas how I'd access this message !

• Advertisement

Oh, and I see all the accounts have disappeared in the last few mins, except for my mortgage and current account !

AND no access to these accounts - 404 Multifail ...

Reggie 365 wrote: »
    Got email this evening to say I've received mail from Danske and to check in my electronic mailbox. However when I log in and go to mail box there is no mail present, sent or received (and I've sent them a few lately) Anyone any ideas how I'd access this message !

There are 2 mail facilities. 1 is the actual INBOX of your Danske online system.
    The other is the inbox for each account.

This one is a response to a message you sent them:
    You have a new message in your eBanking mailbox. Please log on to eBanking to read it.

Click here and log on to eBanking.

Best regards,

Danske Bank.

This one is for your statements, this one can't be seen from the mobile app, you need to login from a PC.
    Dear Customer,

You have received mail in your electronic mailbox.
    Please check your e-Banking, at www.danskebank.ie for further details

(It is not possible to reply to this mail)

Yours faithfully
    Danske Bank

Oh, and I see all the accounts have disappeared in the last few mins, except for my mortgage and current account !

AND no access to these accounts - 404 Multifail ...

Same as that, the account, both with 69 cents in them are now not accessible or viewable.

Thanks Yop.

Its the second one alright.

The home screen says I have 'unread documents in electronic mailbox' however when I click in the next page has nothing in it except the Danske headings.

I expect its more useless information about closing of accounts, final statements etc,

Sent a message 4 weeks ago regarding mortgage and still havent got a reply other than the 'we are currently dealing with your secure mail query & will revert asap' (my a*@#e)

Thanks Yop.

Its the second one alright.

The home screen says I have 'unread documents in electronic mailbox' however when I click in the next page has nothing in it except the Danske headings.

I expect its more useless information about closing of accounts, final statements etc,

Sent a message 4 weeks ago regarding mortgage and still havent got a reply other than the 'we are currently dealing with your secure mail query & will revert asap' (my a*@#e)

They should have got back within 4 working days, so you need to get on the blower to them.

Yea been onto them, and they said they would forward my enquiry to person dealing with it, thats three days ago now. They've gone from being extremely helpful few months ago to not giving a toss at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

You won't get any more useful info from Danske at this stage, it will be from the FSO.

dolallyoh wrote: »
    You won't get any more useful info from Danske at this stage, it will be from the FSO.

U wont get any useful information from the FSO either ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

I see Prof Horahan (gov CBI) is quoted as being concerned of the protection available to mortgage holders whose loans have been sold to Vulture funds, INWide & the old Anglo Irish Bank.

Man oh man. We are so many years into this financial crash and yet still people are being "put to the sword".

I just hope Danske hold onto our mortgages so that we don't get f***ed royally up the a** by some foreign gringo vultures.....ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

ABC101 wrote: »
    I see Prof Horahan (gov CBI) is quoted as being concerned of the protection available to mortgage holders whose loans have been sold to Vulture funds, INWide & the old Anglo Irish Bank.

Man oh man. We are so many years into this financial crash and yet still people are being "put to the sword".

I just hope Danske hold onto our mortgages so that we don't get f***ed royally up the a** by some foreign gringo vultures.....ouch!

If you're concerned about that try to switch your mortgage to another provider.
    I'm afraid the way the wind is blowing it's more than likely they are going to move the mortgages on.

Advertisement