Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danske bank to close retail customer accounts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bumby

Surely but surely the FSO has at least the power to instruct Danske Bank to postpone closure of accounts under FSO investigation. If they don't have the power to do so then they should be wound up as an entity as they serve no useful purpose and are of no benefit to me as a member of the public who they are supposed to be representing. As for frightening the banks!!!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Bumby wrote: »
    Surely but surely the FSO has at least the power to instruct Danske Bank to postpone closure of accounts under FSO investigation. If they don't have the power to do so then they should be wound up as an entity as they serve no useful purpose and are of no benefit to me as a member of the public who they are supposed to be representing. As for frightening the banks!!!!!
    Nope, I asked them that already and they can't do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

Just got a call from Danske to set up the mortgage Direct Debit over the phone.
    I sent them the completed mandate 3 weeks ago.
    Clueless.
    I told them to go away and find the mandate and not to be annoying me.
    I assume I'll I have to accede and do it over the phone later in case they record a missed payment against the mortgage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

josip wrote: »
    Clueless.
    I assume I'll I have to accede and do it over the phone later in case they record a missed payment against the mortgage?
    Strange. Mine went through without any hassle - and they refunded the cash I had lying in the danske feeder account within 3 days of me posting in the mandate form.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Folks when u get the calls from Danskebank are they coming up unknown number? I've missed a few and there is no message being left. It's only crowd I can think are looking for me.

• Advertisement

Yep, it's an unknown number.
    Then they mumble something like "galling for man ska" in a Northern accent
    Took me about 4 goes to work out who they were.
    It was the Northern accent that made me suspect it was my financial friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Why would anyone give out bank details to someone over the phone proporting to be from there bank. ? I wouldn't.

Why would anyone give out bank details to someone over the phone proporting to be from there bank. ? I wouldn't.

I didn't, but for differnet reasons.

josip wrote: »
    Clueless.

I just checked my account that will now be feeding the Danske mortgage.
    On the same day that Danske called, the Direct Debit executed.
    They either went away, found the form and updated their system immediately, or it was already updated from when I had originally sent in the form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

I sent in my new details back in March. Got a warning letter this week saying the DD mandate has to be returned.

Today I got a message saying the warning letter is in "Error" and that all is tickety boo, Ready for Lift off etc.

Looks like a bit of confusion going on... however if the DD does not go through I will just make a manual transfer and sort it out afterwards.

Great pity really to see Danske go... I'll miss the app!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Hi,

Just got final letter on Monday.

I'm presuming that KBC is probably the best bank to switch to for fees. They seem to have free SO, DD, in shop DC use and a few other things. Does anyone know though what they charge for DC withdrawls from ATM.

Cheers,

Flooper, The Procrastinator.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

I managed to postpone standing order for one month with new bank. Transferred just enough back into my Danskebank current account to cover mortgage payment today. There had been a few emails from them over the standing order and I was afraid they would have cancelled pulling the money from my Danskebank current account.
    All ran smoothly today with it. They'll be closing my account now in less than 2 weeks so they will just have to wait til my money goes in next month to see where it comes from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

FLOOPER wrote: »
    I'm presuming that KBC is probably the best bank to switch to for fees. They seem to have free SO, DD, in shop DC use and a few other things. Does anyone know though what they charge for DC withdrawls from ATM.

PTSB is free if you lodge €1500 a month.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Villa05

ninja900 wrote: »
    PTSB is free if you lodge €1500 a month.

I'd go with kbc as they have no atm network they are likely to keep the debit card transactions, free and improve their internet banking maybe up to danske standard.

Ptsb will have free banking to rope you in and probably revert to hefty charges later

Villa05 wrote: »
    I'd go with kbc as they have no atm network they are likely to keep the debit card transactions, free and improve their internet banking maybe up to danske standard.

Ptsb will have free banking to rope you in and probably revert to hefty charges later
    If KBC would see some sense and offer free banking rather than fudging it (offering temporarily higher rates on one of their deposit savings products on the basis that you have a current account with them), I'd move from UB tomorrow! :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,186 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Villa05 wrote: »

That would make sense if Irish banks were allowed to charge for using ATMs of other banks, but not their own - one of the worst features of the UK banking system.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Baba P

Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 5 caleb21

Has anybody heard of pepper asset servicing Danske just gave them 14000 Irish mortgages to administer it was in today's Irish examiner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Well spotted, Caleb21. Link to article => http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/pepper-to-take-over-danske-mortgage-accounts-268978.html

Pepper took over GE Money's mortgage book when GE Woodchester left the market.
    Any idea if they did deals with mortgage holders...

a. in arrears/neg. equity

OR

b. on tracker rates

...or were there any trackers in GE Moneys mortgage book?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 D Weasel

What will this mean? I had terrible trouble just fixing my mortgage last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Delta2113

KBC current a/c should be avoided - €6 quarterly fee.

Go with PTSB or EBS (don't do a cheque book).

Also avoid Ulster,BOI and AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

My missus has just remembered she had an NIB acc with a grand in it. Se has no recollection of getting a letter from Danske about the closures and had forgot about the acc. Can she still access the money and transfer it at this stage?
    Any help appreciated she's frantic here at present.

Eamo71 wrote: »
    My missus has just remembered she had an NIB acc with a grand in it. Se has no recollection of getting a letter from Danske about the closures and had forgot about the acc. Can she still access the money and transfer it at this stage?
    I'd love to have the odd account here and there with a spare grand stashed in it :P

They would have written to her at whatever address is registered against that account - I would imagine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

I'd love to have the odd account here and there with a spare grand stashed in it :P

They would have written to her at whatever address is registered against that account - I would imagine...

Ha yeh me too. Not sure what happened TBH. She obviously missed the letter of it was sent. The question is where's the money and is it still accessible? Can't ring em till tomorrow at 8Am but my wife is a bit crestfallen at present etc...

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Eamo71 wrote: »

If she can remember the account number then there should be no trouble getting it. I recently sent a secure mail asking them to transfer the balances of account (numbers) to my new account. 2 days later it was done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I am in the process of closing accounts with Danske.

I have stopped all items (monthly DDs etc.) in my current account, and closed my VISA account.

The only thing left is shares in two companies that they hold for me - because they bought them for me.

What is the best thing to do with share holdings? Ask for the share certs?

Thanks.

D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Dinarius wrote: »
    I am in the process of closing accounts with Danske.

I have stopped all items (monthly DDs etc.) in my current account, and closed my VISA account.

The only thing left is shares in two companies that they hold for me - because they bought them for me.

What is the best thing to do with share holdings? Ask for the share certs?

Thanks.

D.

Did you not get any if the letters? Unless you had notified them of otherwise the shares are being moved to goodbodys stockbrokers. You need to authorize yourself with them to trade on your account so ring them for details. I looked into it and found they were as good a value as any other broker at the rates they charge. Ring danske today to sort it out. They'll still have your shares until the 26th I think.

Advertisement