Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Wexford Commute

Options
  • 31-10-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Does anyone do this on a daily basis?

I have a chance of a job in Wexford. The job would be 5 days a week Monday to Friday. Working hours would be 9 to 5.15 or 8 to 4.15. The office is on the right side of Wexford as it is on the road in from Waterford (don't have to go into or pass through the town etc.)

I know roughly how long it takes to drive Waterford to Wexford and google maps suggests a journey time of just over an hour (I would be coming from out Dunhill direction). However I have never driven this at the busy times, only at weekends very occasionaly for leisure.

I am working at the moment but this job would be better and have better prospects.

The question I want to ask is: Would this commute eventually drive me nuts? Is there anyone out there doing this on a daily basis who could share their horror stories or not as the case may be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

babaracus wrote: »

I have a chance of a job in Wexford. The job would be 5 days a week Monday to Friday. Working hours would be 9 to 5.15 or 8 to 4.15. The office is on the right side of Wexford as it is on the road in from Waterford (don't have to go into or pass through the town etc.)

I know roughly how long it takes to drive Waterford to Wexford and google maps suggests a journey time of just over an hour (I would be coming from out Dunhill direction). However I have never driven this at the busy times, only at weekends very occasionaly for leisure.

I am working at the moment but this job would be better and have better prospects.

The question I want to ask is: Would this commute eventually drive me nuts? Is there anyone out there doing this on a daily basis who could share their horror stories or not as the case may be?

cant imagine its too bad/long, hour tops. I know buses do the route thru new ross, wexford, power station route. Sure hop on the bus and relax. I say go for it, you rarely regret going for some job you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Wouldn't say it would be all that bad. An hour ought to do it, and coming from Dunhill you'll just take the N25 bypass all the way.

It used to take me just under an hour to get to KK on a way worse road back before the motorway opened, and it's about the same distance from Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Not sure where Dunhill is but I drive from Waterford to Wexford daily (and back).

From the bridge to the New Ross roundabout in Wexford (just this side of Wexford) is about 50mins in the morning and about an hour in the evening.

Pretty consistent in terms of those times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

babaracus wrote: »

Can I ask what your age is? If the prospects are better don't act like a kid, make the decision and stick with it.

Plenty of people would love this dilemma.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I go from Waterford to Kilkenny everyday - takes me roughly about an hour each way with traffic - I come from the Dunmore Road. I don't mind it. The way I see it is when I worked in town I used not be home until 5.45 after finishing at 5 because of the rush hour traffic out the Dunmore Road. I get back from Kilkenny by 6 at the very latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

I know a few people that do this daily and it is grand, it will be no more than an hour on a good traffic day.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

Thanks for the feedback folks. You confirmed my own suspicions, it is doable and I should not go crazy (from the commute at least!) Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gagonmine

No I do it everyday, it's actually grand and the new road is great. You might get a little bit if traffic in Ross on the Friday but nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

I reckon it would be grand. It would probably drive you mad if you where doing the trip vice versa because new ross is choked for traffic going to waterford in the morning and coming from waterford in the evening but you will be going opposite direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭webpal

Are you going to rosslare road? I've been commuting to wexford for years and you will get held up at whitford roundabout for a few mins but nothing major.

• Advertisement
Advertisement