Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Fresh Start..back to 10KM

Options
  • 31-10-2013 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Help Required!!!

I have completed a few marathons this year and got through them based on stamina and just personal stubbornness:). I do lots of training with no real focus, so I basically get through marathons with no real improvement on the last etc.

So I want to go back to basics and start fresh, I want to focus on improving my 10KM time and build on top of that for next year. I currently probably clock around 50min mark for a 10km, but my P.B 10km was 2 years ago at 41-42 mins.. I want to focus on getting to a sub 40 min 10km and build on top of that for future longer distances.

I also want to start stretching as I’m a get up and get out there type of person so never stretch resulting in really poor flexibility.
    So I need a focused program that won’t consume huge time, I would like to keep an average to less than 1 hour.

Could someone help me complete my below program? I really need to know what interval training I should be doing.

I’m planning a 10 week focused program

Monday Gym \Core Work
    Tuesday Intervals
    Wednesday Stretch\Foam Rollar
    Thursday Gym\Core Work
    Friday Intervals
    Saturday Rest
    Sunday 1km (Each week this will increase by 1KM, by week 10 I’ll be at my 10km goal)

Advertisement