Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of any good online bookshops to buy new or used books?

Options
  • 31-10-2013 12:55pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1

I heared about <spam>. It's Free & Fast shipping around Australia. Have any one experienced about <spam>.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I buy most of mine from.........

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/

and the odd book from...........

http://www.play.com/

I also use http://www.abebooks.com/ for hard to get /out of date books.

Ur not working for bookfari ...................are U?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Kennys bookshop in galway is good for new books. Dont know if they do used books. But you get free shipping. I always try and buy from them because they are irish based.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,431 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

I'd second the tip for The Book Depository. Excellent selection for a reasonable price and delivery is pretty fast.

If you're in the hunt for some cut-price used books, there are lots of 2nd hand book sellers on Amazon at www.amazon.co.uk

Just beware the shipping fees though because some of them might charge quite a bit for delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

awesomebooks.com

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dumac

Yeah, Awesomebooks.com has fairly good prices - and free delivery when you order two or more books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mugs11

What are people's experience with the Book Depository's shipping times? Have read a few comments complaining about that but haven't ordered from them myself. See a book on there that I'd like, and it's a tenner cheaper than on Amazon, but would like it prior to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,431 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

mugs11 wrote: »
    What are people's experience with the Book Depository's shipping times? Have read a few comments complaining about that but haven't ordered from them myself. See a book on there that I'd like, and it's a tenner cheaper than on Amazon, but would like it prior to Christmas.

I've never had a problem with their shipping.
    It generally takes no more than one week to deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

I find it can be much more hit and miss. Books ordered at the same time and listed as being in stock can arrive at different times.

If you're on a tight deadline for work or something I would be wary of ordering from them but if its a Christmas presetn and you're ordering now I would say you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

yea it usually works out cheaper to buy it new off bookdepository than 2nd hand off amazon.
    Since bookdepository taken over by amazon, postage times have gone to dogs

Advertisement