Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Halloween Neighbourhood

Options
  • 31-10-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Heading out trick or treating with the kids tonight and we want to try a new neighbourhood this year. Any suggestions? We usually do Westside which is quite fine.

Do they hand out entire Celebration boxes in Taylor's Hill? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Amik wrote: »
    Heading out trick or treating with the kids tonight and we want to try a new neighbourhood this year. Any suggestions? We usually do Westside which is quite fine.

Do they hand out entire Celebration boxes in Taylor's Hill? :P

Why not try your own neighbourhood. To be honest i'm not a fan of trick or treat tourists, i prefer to help the local kids i know and recognise and it's not fair on local kids if others are coming in from other areas to hoover up the local door treats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

zarquon wrote: »
    Why not try your own neighbourhood. To be honest i'm not a fan of trick or treat tourists, i prefer to help the local kids i know and recognise and it's not fair on local kids if others are coming in from other areas to hoover up the local door treats.

Fair play to being able to 'recognise' anyone! Unless there's an adult right beside them on our road, I often haven't a clue who's local or not with costume, but I know more kids come than live here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

We never get a single one calling. And I'm always ready and waiting just in case,I love Halloween. I think trick or treating has mostly died out though,if you head for Taylors Hill OP except mostly bemused looks and a couple of cent coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Trick or treating (formerly known, and still known by some as 'help the halloween party' ) is 'better' in estates or clumps of houses where the yield is higher and in a way you are safer as adults can keep a distance yet see what house you're at. Harder to monitor with bigger houses further apart with driveways etc.

Advertisement