Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking Switching back ?

Options
  • 31-10-2013 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi,

I was thinking switching back to electric ireland. I was happy customer with electric ireland and regret ever changing over airtricity i cant stand them. It was pressure to change over someone came to my door a sales fella and kept at me so i gave in been with them nearly 2 years now. The fella at door told me need my bank details but never said anything that be direct debit if i dont have enough on card and now it will take money from account if dont have enough this is not what i want. i was happy with electric ireland paying with my card and rest in post office.

I wondering if i join back to electric ireland do i need to pay another 300 euro deposit as i just dont have money for that if that case i wait till get job to change back . I dont want direct debit at all just pay by esb card and rest in post office

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Gummybear2013,

A €300 security deposit is required from new customers to Electric Ireland if they are not paying by direct debit. The deposit is refunded after 14 months.

Paying by direct debit entitles the new customer to discounts (8% and a further 2% for online billing). These discounts are applied to both electricity and gas each if the customer registers with Electric Ireland for both (Dual Fuel).

New customers to Electric Ireland who do not pay by direct debit cannot avail of discounts.

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Hi Gummybear2013,

A €300 security deposit is required from new customers to Electric Ireland if they are not paying by direct debit. The deposit is refunded after 14 months.

Paying by direct debit entitles the new customer to discounts (8% and a further 2% for online billing). These discounts are applied to both electricity and gas each if the customer registers with Electric Ireland for both (Dual Fuel).

New customers to Electric Ireland who do not pay by direct debit cannot avail of discounts.

Do let us know if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,
    Una
    Hi thanks for getting back to me that is a pity just dont have the money for 300 at moment being student and all so i prob switch back when have a job. I was looking for nothing do direct debit as i rather pay in post office rest my bills it suits better. thanks letting me know anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Gummybear2013,

No problem - happy to help. What we would suggest is, maybe if you had a bank/credit union/post office account for paying installments into throughout the two months between Electric Ireland bills, then transferred that for the direct debit about a week in advance, it might clear a good portion of the bill?

All the best,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

Hi again Gummybear2013,

No problem - happy to help. What we would suggest is, maybe if you had a bank/credit union/post office account for paying installments into throughout the two months between Electric Ireland bills, then transferred that for the direct debit about a week in advance, it might clear a good portion of the bill?

All the best,
    Una
    thanks for telling me this good to know my options i will discuss it with my partner and let know what we decide :)appreciate you getting back me so soon to .

Advertisement