Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eating troubles!

Options
  • 31-10-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Our 13 month old girl has stopped eating from the spoon the last 3/4 wks.
    She turns her head away from the spoon & eating pushes it away with her arm.
    Sometimes if we distract her she might take 4/5 spoonfuls but is a real struggle!!
    Anyone else go through this & any advice welcome?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Have you tried giving her finger food that she can feed herself? I think it's normal enough at that age as they're starting to assert their independence.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flynny50

Hi,

Yea have tried finger food,she eats toast & few other bits but made fish fingers & chicken pieces from scratch & she just threw them on the floor!!
    She eats breakfast no problem so its only lunch/dinner she has issues with!!
    Just worrying that she isnt getting enough to eat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

flynny50 wrote: »
    Our 13 month old girl has stopped eating from the spoon the last 3/4 wks.
    She turns her head away from the spoon & eating pushes it away with her arm.
    Sometimes if we distract her she might take 4/5 spoonfuls but is a real struggle!!
    Anyone else go through this & any advice welcome?
    My 14month old boy is exactly the same for the last month or two. He eats his breakfast Evert morning and any meal after that is hit and miss! He seems to be coming out of it a little bit the last few days, he is actually willing to try different foods again which is progress!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭flynny50

Thanks for your reply!
    Great to hear my wee monster is not the only 1 at this!!
    Guess ill just have to keep at it & hope she gets back to normal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

flynny50 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply!
    Great to hear my wee monster is not the only 1 at this!!
    Guess ill just have to keep at it & hope she gets back to normal!

Its a tough stage. I spend so long cooking lovely homemade stuff for him and no go!:-( but I just have to keep thinking howeasy it will be when he starts eating everything again!!(either that or crack up ha ha)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I found that the more effort I put into cooking special foods the more likely it was to end up on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

exactly the same here, my little fella has been like this since 11 months, feeding from a spoon is a nightmare, he wants to feed himself, seems to have no problem in creche though, but i guess he is allows it because he sees the others being fed with spoon at same time, he likes to stick a fork in something and eat from it, manages a fork better than a spoon, he is 14 months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

our little one (almost 2) was like that sometimes - what I do is to just give him something else to play with, and then just feed him while he's distracted - he opens his mouth willingly then for some reason.

May not be the most educational approach, but at least he'll get his food...:rolleyes:

Advertisement