Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 57 Headline - SCR, Leonard's Corner

Options
  • 31-10-2013 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

Nearly under our noses, the old, sticky, smoky Headline Bar on Leonard's Corner has been transformed into the best addition to the neighbourhood in ages. It reopened late last Friday.

Around 25 Irish craft beers on tap, an incalculable number more of bottled beers, wine. Food to come in time.

The atmosphere's great, and so is the service and barfly conversation.

Get down there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Was it refurbished or taken over by new management. I saw it had closed recently and then reopened last week.
    Good to see it back open again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Always wondered why it was called that name ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

PauloConn wrote: »
    Was it refurbished or taken over by new management
    Both.

Great news for the area either way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As a past regular in the Headline before John finished his lease, I popped up on Sunday for a quick one en route to town. Was weird to say the least, considering what I was used to with the Headline. Looking forward to them getting a food menu in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Are the toilets still downstairs and not wheelchair accessible?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Are the toilets still downstairs and not wheelchair accessible?

Would be a fairly major job moving the toilets tbh Lars, and would take up a huge space on the middle floor hence why it's 3 floors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Would be a fairly major job moving the toilets tbh Lars, and would take up a huge space on the middle floor hence why it's 3 floors.

Wouldn't take up that much room to put one wheelchair accessible jacks on the ground floor though, would it?

Disclaimer: never been in the bar, don't know the layout, for all I know the place could be tiny.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

realies wrote: »
    Always wondered why it was called that name ?
    Apparently Blackpitts was a big centre for the printing industry in Dublin up to the '80s. The pub would have had a lot of printmakers and journalists among the regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Went in yesterday evening for 2 pints, lovely job on the interior. Great service, lovely pints too and great selection. Didn't go to the loo so can't comment on where they are. I'll definitely be back, it'll be my new local

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Went in yesterday evening for 2 pints, lovely job on the interior. Great service, lovely pints too and great selection. Didn't go to the loo so can't comment on where they are. I'll definitely be back, it'll be my new local

Same, its really fantastic.

Is it that good? Must try it out. Always liked Leonards although a few of the neighbours swear by the Harold House. Was in McKenna's once and it was an experience.....

Is it that good? Must try it out. Always liked Leonards although a few of the neighbours swear by the Harold House. Was in McKenna's once and it was an experience.....

McKenna's is grand! :D The parents local and I had my formal family 21st part in the function room a couple of years back!

All depends what you like but it ticks the boxes for me!

There again last night, busy and a great buzz in the place. Toilets definitely still downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

referee?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Will have to pop in for a look sometime so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Popped in last night for a couple of pints. I love the place! I now have a new local :D

referee?

Hah, nope, that's not me. Hope no one uses their real name on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

didn't realise it had reopened despite living practically next door. Shall be making a visit this weekend

• Advertisement

Paid a visit yesterday. Quite liked it. Its pure craft bar. The guy at the bar was sound (think he has worked bars all over city & is having a stab at running his own show now), the drink was good, the layout could be improved but nonetheless i enjoyed my visit. I'm hard to please on drinking establishments but would give it a solid 7 out of 10.

****it, might pop over for one right now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What's the crowd like? Was never in The Headline myself but always gathered it has a bit of a hard mans pub. That said if there's no Bud and Johnnie Blue that crew would take a wide berth.

I really can't get enough of this pub these days! They've started doing pies too which is both delicious and dangerous... now I don't even have the excuse of leaving the pub to go home for dinner :o

What type of pies is he doing? Passed it the other day, nothing about what ones he was doing.

Me and the OH are veggies so we both just got that one. It had sweet potato and cheese and was so delicious. It came with a little jar of pickles too which I thought would be a bit rank (I'm not a huge pickle fan) but they worked so well with the pie - seriously nom!

cosmic wrote: »
    Me and the OH are veggies so we both just got that one. It had sweet potato and cheese and was so delicious. It came with a little jar of pickles too which I thought would be a bit rank (I'm not a huge pickle fan) but they worked so well with the pie - seriously nom!

Veggies..................someone get the ban hammer!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I drank there years ago and noticed the new sign outside the other day. Must pop in for a look during the week.

Pies now? I'm off the drink for the next two weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

They're doing the matador, the shamrock and the free-ranger - all from the pie minister range. 11 euro for a pie and a pint. I had the matador with a dark arts porter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Thank god this place is juuuust outside my laziness range, 5 minutes closer and I'd never be out of it

Advertisement