Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 57 Headline - SCR, Leonard's Corner

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

nosietoes wrote: »
    They're doing the matador, the shamrock and the free-ranger - all from the pie minister range. 11 euro for a pie and a pint. I had the matador with a dark arts porter.

They must be doing the Heidi too if they are doing the one with goats cheese and sweet potato in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

January wrote: »
    They must be doing the Heidi too if they are doing the one with goats cheese and sweet potato in it.

Yep - that's the one I had!

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Pies and pints sounds great.... defo getting a look in for the December season now

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

January wrote: »

The menu says the veggie one changes from time to time so might not always be the Heidi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Only live around the corner from this place too (since Feb) and also noticed a sign outside recently which sparked my interest.

Planning on heading there now on Sat avo with a few mates to audition it for the role of my new "local" pub. At the moment I consider Anseo my local as it's one of my fav pubs anyway.

Will report back here next week! :pac:

• Advertisement

Giles wrote: »
    Only live around the corner from this place too (since Feb) and also noticed a sign outside recently which sparked my interest.

Planning on heading there now on Sat avo with a few mates to audition it for the role of my new "local" pub. At the moment I consider Anseo my local as it's one of my fav pubs anyway.

Will report back here next week! :pac:

Enjoy! I can't seem to get enough of the place :) I was in there last Saturday night and it was packed. Great to see it doing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It's quite nice, I intend to make my way through their taps. It's definitely more fun having so much choice beer wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

cosmic wrote: »
    Enjoy! I can't seem to get enough of the place :) I was in there last Saturday night and it was packed. Great to see it doing so well.

Was there last Saturday myself, not a seat in the place, we got lucky in the end getting a taxi.

Was there last Saturday myself, not a seat in the place, we got lucky in the end getting a taxi.

What time was that? Going reasonably early on Saturday (5pm-ish) myself but don't wanna be standing!

What time was that? Going reasonably early on Saturday (5pm-ish) myself but don't wanna be standing!

I got there late - around 11. It was packed but we did get a seat. We were only standing for less than 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I got there just after 10. We got a seat after a few minutes.

Grand job, might even pop over in a while for a cheeky one if I can brace the wind and rain on the 5min journey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Another +1 from me, great place to pop in to after work. The pint and pie is a nice combo for €11, although I'm often still a bit peckish afterwards as it's not quite a full dinner. Haven't been there on a weekend night yet but would definitely recommend the place, great local to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Popped in last night for a few. Nice atmosphere. The lack of a cask beer is a pretty glaring omission though.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Hugo_Whoriskey

Popped in last night for a few. Nice atmosphere. The lack of a cask beer is a pretty glaring omission though.

I'm led to believe they were installing a cask beer tap last week, here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Yep, it's all installed. I think the next cask is going to Metalman. They have gone through a couple of kegs already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

nosietoes wrote: »
    Yep, it's all installed. I think the next cask is going to Metalman. They have gone through a couple of kegs already :D

I love metalman.... class stuff, now have a venue to go on Saturday. Superb

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭vanderlyle

Do they show football?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

vanderlyle wrote: »
    Do they show football?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

They show international Irish rugby games.

• Advertisement
Advertisement