Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console players rejoice

Options
  • 31-10-2013 4:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well at long last console players have a Battlefield game that isnt just a cut down version of the PC version.
    Some well known,well respected youtubers are raving about how well the game is turning out on the next gen consoles.
    PS4 is running @ 1600X900 and almost a constant 60 fps with textures similar to medium/high that we see on PC, certainly not quite the ultra settings and 1080 and above we can achieve on a good PC but imho its still pretty impressive for a device that will cost €400.
    Apparently the xbox one will run @ 1280X720,not quite as shiney as the PS4 but impressive enough all the same.
    Thankfully ive a nice spec PC and am running the game on all Ultra but with AA deferred off @ 1920X1200 @ 60-90 fps, it looks absolutely stunning.
    But if i didnt id be more than happy with whats about to arrive on my next gen console of choice.

Based on videos and opinions expressed by the likes of Jackfrags and LevelCap in these videos i think its safe to say consoles will at long last actually do Battlefield 4 some justice.

Now if only they had some mouse/keyboard support!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Thanks, good gameplay and reviews!

Pre ordered this on 360, not sure if I should bother now on current generation consoles haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Thanks, good gameplay and reviews!

Pre ordered this on 360, not sure if I should bother now on current generation consoles haha!

From playing the beta of this on current gen dint bother it all with buying on current gen. Frames are low, graphics are shocking and only 24 players max on servers as opposed to the full 64!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

mossy95 wrote: »
    From playing the beta of this on current gen dint bother it all with buying on current gen. Frames are low, graphics are shocking and only 24 players max on servers as opposed to the full 64!

I bought it on current gen and love it; yes it wont be as good but it will tie me over until 29th.

Also Rush and Obliteration wont be any better on next-gen, 12 players is certainly enough.

Advertisement