Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Dublin to the UK?

Options
  • 31-10-2013 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey I'm hoping to move to the UK from Dublin
    This'll be a first so I just don't know exactly how to go about it.
    I'm native to Dublin so what about insurance, visas and forms in general in order to get to England?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Foiyta wrote: »
    Hey I'm hoping to move to the UK from Dublin
    This'll be a first so I just don't know exactly how to go about it.
    I'm native to Dublin so what about insurance, visas and forms in general in order to get to England?

Many thanks!

You just go there. Register for a National Insurance number which you need to pay PAYE tax. That takes around 2 minutes, you just bring your (assuming Irish) passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What part are you moving to? Have you a place to stay? Have you a job?

Have you done any research on the area your moving to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Foiyta

What part are you moving to? Have you a place to stay? Have you a job?

Have you done any research on the area your moving to?

I want to go to Staffordshire and move in with a friend but it hasn't been fully arranged yet, but I've looked into it a bit and have a college course in mind so far. I haven't got a job yet but intend to work alongside the college course

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Have you got a bank account sorted?
    Citi and LLoyds provide facilities to open one when you're not yet resident.
    Citi are terrible though I stayed with them for 6 months and moved onto HSBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boxtie

I am making the move to manchester and I am wondering will 3500euro be enough to keep me going until I get a job or would I realistically need more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

boxtie wrote: »
    I am making the move to manchester and I am wondering will 3500euro be enough to keep me going until I get a job or would I realistically need more?

I used to live in Manchester. Enjoyed it - easy city to live in. Nobody can really answer for you, it depends on too much... where are you going to be living/what's your rent? How likely are you to get a job - what expenses are you expecting / how prepared you are.

Off hand, I'd have thought 3500 should be plenty to tide you over. What jobs are you aiming for? If you're looking for something basic there's no reason you can't find something very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

boxtie wrote: »

Why not find a job before you settle permanently.
    Just head over for a few days, set up interviews before hand and suss it out rather than living off savings while there hoping to find a job,.

Advertisement