Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need to do tax return??

Options
  • 31-10-2013 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I set up a business under the btwea last sept 2012, do I need to submit a return this year or do I not need to do one until next year? I'm finding it very confusing I didn't make enough from it to owe any tax but just not sure about what way the return works as I know I had heard about a two yr thing for first , any help really appreciated as u can see I'm clueless

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

You were supposed to have submitted a return for the year Jan 1 2012 to Dec 31st 2012 TONIGHT! :eek:

The ROS system needs to be registered for.

It's no biggie. You don't owe anything so just submit a late return and the revenue will forget about it.

They don't pursue little slip-ups likes this - particularly when there's nothing due.

Edit: I'm assuming you registered for tax with a TR1 form? Yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cmbutterfly45

Dean0088 wrote: »
    You were supposed to have submitted a return for the year Jan 1 2012 to Dec 31st 2012 TONIGHT! :eek:

The ROS system needs to be registered for.

It's no biggie. You don't owe anything so just submit a late return and the revenue will forget about it.

They don't pursue little slip-ups likes this - particularly when there's nothing due.

Edit: I'm assuming you registered for tax with a TR1 form? Yes?

Thanks for replying can I still submit a return now? I'm all set up with ros ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Thanks for replying can I still submit a return now? I'm all set up with ros ??

If you're set up with ROS then it's not too late.

If you're a sole trader and you have your books to hand then it shouldn't take long.

Maybe don't leave it until the kids are trick or treating next year! :P

If you're set up with ROS then it's not too late.

If you're a sole trader and you have your books to hand then it shouldn't take long.

Maybe don't leave it until the kids are trick or treating next year! :P

Definitely not I really messed that up I thought I had until next year to do it!! Major oops now to try to figure out how to do this return, I think the business course went right back out my other ear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I was in the same position as you I set my company up at the end of last year. If you didn't do much trading then it won't take too long I think it took me about 2 hours to track down all the bits and pieces and get it filed.

• Advertisement

Thanks for replies I sent in a return fingers crossed it's all ok !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

I'm not sure where you are from but my advice is drop David Moroney from Moroney & Co. a call on 061348976 and he'll advise you and have your tax affairs in order in a jiffy.

He'll explain your obigations, allowances, tax credits etc in a simple manner. Apart from offering a solid accountancy firm, David will give you solid on-going advice to improve your business and help it grow.

Take it from a happy client.

Best of luck.

Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

You have until 14 November to file online

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Alan Shore

Dean, I hope that you are not advising clients!

If the OP registered in 2012 then the tax return for 2012 is not due for filing until 31.10.14!!!!

Alan Shore wrote: »
    Dean, I hope that you are not advising clients!

If the OP registered in 2012 then the tax return for 2012 is not due for filing until 31.10.14!!!!

That is exactly what I thought!!
    Have submitted a return from sept-dec 2012 anyway :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement