Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 PC Configs

Options
  • 31-10-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I'll be playing on Win 7 (64-bit) with a GTX 670 @ 1080p

A few questions for ye guys:

What OS are ye playing on??? Win 7 vs Win 8
    What GFX's are ye using???
    Resolution and FPS???

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I believe Win 8.1 gives 20% boost to fps.

Im using W7 ultimate (64bit)

i52500K @ 4.4ghz
    MSI 660Ti Twin FrozR
    Game installed to Crucial M4 SSD

All ultra gfx apart from AA @ 1920X1200 60-90 fps

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

W7 I5 7870 SSD

60-90 FPS everything on Ultra 1080

Massive lag spikes tho 200MB UPC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

2560x1400
    Win 8
    i5 gtx780
    playing at 60-70fps all ultra except for post AA which is off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Anywhere I can get Windows 8 upgrade cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Win 7 64 bit
    i5 2500K @ 4.8Ghz
    8 GB Ram
    Ati 6990 Stock
    Playing on a 24" TFT @ 1920x1200 constant 60FPS
    V Sync on
    Ultra all round no AA post and no Blur

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Win7 64-bit.

Fx6300 @ 4.2Ghz
    GTX590 3GB
    M4 SSD

Playing at 2560x1080 high-ultra, Fx6300 is a massive let down in this game though and drags the whole system down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Dcully wrote: »
    I believe Win 8.1 gives 20% boost to fps.

Im using W7 ultimate (64bit)

i52500K @ 4.4ghz
    MSI 660Ti Twin FrozR
    Game installed to Crucial M4 SSD

All ultra gfx apart from AA @ 1920X1200 60-90 fps

Hang on a second ...

Iv a legitimate reason to put Windows 8 on my PC now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Anyone using the AMD Gaming Evolved App from Raptr ? , it came down witht he latest Beta drivers from ati .

Win 7 Ultimate
    AMD 8350
    ATI 7870
    8 Gigs Ram
    Samsung SSD

And I will have to report back on how it is looking and playing because just before the beta ended I was able to play nice and smooth all Ultra , then I upgraded my mobo chip and HD and now it seems to Auto to medium and seems a bit stuttery at times :( .

Yeah its an annoying program. I finding lag the main issue no issues running the game on Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Win8 users were getting +20% during first release of the beta but after a few patches to the beta win7 was performing almost the same. Wait for some benchmarks of the finished game to be released before taking the plunge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

for the love of all that is holy do not switch to windows 8

it's like windows 7 and some early ****ed version of android had an illegitimate child and turned your gaming PC into some godawful tablet menu thing for designed for hyper 14 year olds

just got your tank back after some wanker stole it from you while you were repairing? don't worry win8 will cut you back to desktop and force you to restart for another "update", piece of ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

WIndows 8.1
    i5 3570 @ 3.6
    Radeon 5770(for now) with a 4gb gtx 770 arriving on monday.
    8gb ram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Stingerbar wrote: »

it's like windows 7 and some early ****ed version of android had an illegitimate child and turned your gaming PC into some godawful tablet menu thing for designed for hyper 14 year olds

just got your tank back after some wanker stole it from you while you were repairing? don't worry win8 will cut you back to desktop and force you to restart for another "update", piece of ****e

Bit melodramatic?

With 8.1, we can boot straight to the desktop. I never even see Metro.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Stingerbar wrote: »

I must say I have downloaded Steam Tile on windows 8 and have metro just showing my steam games and it looks incredible.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i7 860 @ 3.6
    8GB RAM
    Windows 8.1
    AMD R9 280x

Getting about 60fps on high-ultra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

There must be something wrong here.

I have a 4670k, 16GB RAM 2*7950s in Crossfire, and at 1080P and Ultra, and I'm only getting 30-60 FPS and gigantic lag spikes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There must be something wrong here.

I have a 4670k, 16GB RAM 2*7950s in Crossfire, and at 1080P and Ultra, and I'm only getting 30-60 FPS and gigantic lag spikes.

Known issue with crossfire iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I can't believe there are PC users still buying into the xfire sh!te. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Julez

ELJeff wrote: »
    I must say I have downloaded Steam Tile on windows 8 and have metro just showing my steam games and it looks incredible.

Didn't know this existed... is i this? Is it official, like steam made?
    http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/steam-tile/f17f134c-c72d-470b-9d97-9c9d6d4aae85

Looks interesting!

obviously complete stupidity on my behalf but where am I going wrong with this command 'perfoverlay.drawfps 1' ? it says command not recognized .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Fraps is always handier imo.
    Just like the beta the console commands can be buggy,sometimes working sometimes not.

Dcully wrote: »
    Fraps is always handier imo.
    Just like the beta the console commands can be buggy,sometimes working sometimes not.

So I had the right command then ? .. I must have entered it about 20 times going " you must have typed it wrong " and " get your glasses old man " .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

i5 3570k 4.3GHz
    7950 Crossfire (@1050/1500)
    8Gb 1600MHz ram
    2560x1440

70-80fps Ultra settings except aa at 2x and SSAO not HBAO

EDIT: Just checked there and i actually have aa off for that fps,just ssao on

jonski wrote: »
    Anyone using the AMD Gaming Evolved App from Raptr ? , it came down witht he latest Beta drivers from ati .

Win 7 Ultimate
    AMD 8350
    ATI 7870
    8 Gigs Ram
    Samsung SSD

And I will have to report back on how it is looking and playing because just before the beta ended I was able to play nice and smooth all Ultra , then I upgraded my mobo chip and HD and now it seems to Auto to medium and seems a bit stuttery at times :( .

Reporting back , took Cully's suggestion and downloaded and ran fraps , I was making the mistake of believing the Test Results ingame which was saying that @ Auto which had the settings at medium at best I would have bad FPS . I ran Fraps and it was @ 90 and above , Jaysus I'm 47 and lucky I can see the screen at all how did they make that out to be bad . I put the settings back up to Ultra and it was running @ 40 to 60 @1080p .

I may have been mistaking the stuttering ingame for having the settings to high as opposed to what I hear alot of ppl saying is server lag or < enter something technical here > that I am gone to old to understand .

Can anyone come over and set my video up to record the Diagnosis Murder

Its not stuttering for me it was lag, seems to affect some maps more than others.

Btw did you not see the jet that tried to ram us and hit the telephone pole? :D

Was fcuking quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Win 8.1 Pro
    2500K 4.5 GHz
    GTX 670
    8 gig RAM
    SSD

Runs and looks great. I was on one server that was very laggy though.
    Anyone using the Geforce Experience for their settings?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its not stuttering for me it was lag, seems to affect some maps more than others.

Btw did you not see the jet that tried to ram us and hit the telephone pole? :D

Was fcuking quality :D

No , I was too busy watching my driving cause I knew if I messed up you wouldn't let me live it down .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Win 8.1
    FX 6300 4.4 GHz
    7870 XT OC'd
    8 gig RAM

Getting just over 60fps drops to 40 the odd time and goes to 75 at times too.
    Settings are mostly ultra, mesh + terrain: medium. Anti def: off. Anti post: high. Ambient off

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i5 2500k at 4.2ghz
    8Gb ram
    Gtx 680
    On crucial m4 ssd.

Ran like ass on beta, but now butter smooth. All ultra, but all AA completely off. Did not checked fps, but it is dedefinitely in 60+.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Intel Core i5-3570K
    AsRock Z77 Pro4 Motherboard
    8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair (8GBx1)
    Radeon HD 7970 OC Boost - 3 GB GDDR5
    1 Terabyte UDMA600
    CORSAIR CX600M 600 W
    Windows 8.1

on ultra im only getting 40-50 frames but the weird thing is when i switch to low its only 5-10 frames increase .Any advice please new to pc gaming

Advertisement