Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 PC Configs

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

bf4_windows_m.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Intel Core i7 875K
    Asus P7P55D-E LX
    2 * 2GB G.Skill F3 12800
    Asus nvidia geforce GTX 570
    Sound card Creative Audige SE
    LG DVD-RAM
    Corsair HX-850 modular

Getting about 20 Fps on vista 64

Looks like I need 4gb of ram? ? like the bottleneck as its very stuttery on low everything. Doesn't look great either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If thats 4gb of ram, it's enough to play. Few people around the place playing on ultra on 4gb.

As for the stuttering, low performance...welcome to my world of frustration. I'm installing Win8 now in a minute to see.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Did anyone try running the game in x64 yet? You can choose which launcher to use in origin settings

If thats 4gb of ram, it's enough to play. Few people around the place playing on ultra on 4gb.

As for the stuttering, low performance...welcome to my world of frustration. I'm installing Win8 now in a minute to see.
    I could play bf3 om high with 45 Fps. Quiete frustrating getting slowdown on low everything...now to fund the bottleneck ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

I5 2500k
    8gb ram
    Win 7 ultimate
    Hd 6950
    Installed on corsair m4

on high with the shte turned off or down to medium.

I'm getting 60 fps plus and dropping to around 50 on a rare occasion in certain maps, no lag really and plays well.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Did anyone try running the game in x64 yet? You can choose which launcher to use in origin settings

I've been using that option since starting last night what's the difference? Game is smooth enough for me I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Intel Core i5-3570K
    AsRock Z77 Pro4 Motherboard
    8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Corsair (8GBx1)
    Radeon HD 7970 OC Boost - 3 GB GDDR5
    1 Terabyte UDMA600
    CORSAIR CX600M 600 W
    Windows 8.1

on ultra im only getting 40-50 frames but the weird thing is when i switch to low its only 5-10 frames increase .Any advice please new to pc gaming

Try turning off anti-aliasing. Radeons don't like that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Havent committed to buying the game yet but can anyone from their own experience or experience of others tell me what to expect from my system?

Win 7
    660ti Twin Frozr
    8GB Ram
    2500k OC @4.0GHz
    1920x1080 monitor

Cheers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Havent committed to buying the game yet but can anyone from their own experience or experience of others tell me what to expect from my system?

Win 7
    660ti Twin Frozr
    8GB Ram
    2500k OC @4.0GHz
    1920x1080 monitor

Cheers

Similar to my spec apart from 1920X1200 and i5 2500K OC to 4.4Ghz
    Im running all ultra at that native res ,bottom 3 gfx options on list to off ie AA and HBAO mainly because i dislike what they do to games - makes them blurry.
    60-90 fps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

bf4_windows_m.png

I read somewhere yesterday that isnt true at all, apparently the difference was only in the beta before it was patched.
    Dont know how true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No fecking way 8.1 gives 20 extra fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Whats the best way to log your fps?
    I'm now dual booting with win 7 and 8 so want to compare them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

game4it70 wrote: »
    Whats the best way to log your fps?
    I'm now dual booting with win 7 and 8 so want to compare them.

run a benchmark with fraps on each windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ELJeff

Julez wrote: »
    Didn't know this existed... is i this? Is it official, like steam made?
    http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/steam-tile/f17f134c-c72d-470b-9d97-9c9d6d4aae85

Looks interesting!
    Dunno if its Steam made or not but works a charm!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

i7 920
    6 GB RAM
    500 GB Samsung 840
    EVGA GTX570 SC

I'm running it on high with AA on low at native resolution of 1680x1050. Averaging about 60fps with dips to 50. Plenty of stutter and lag.

5uspect wrote: »
    i7 920
    6 GB RAM
    500 GB Samsung 840
    EVGA GTX570 SC

I'm running it on high with AA on low at native resolution of 1680x1050. Averaging about 60fps with dips to 50. Plenty of stutter and lag.

Latest drivers? I had a similar setup last week and was getting 50-60 on high with SSAO off with little stutter/lag

Yeah, tho I believe the stuttering got worse when I ran the dirextX installer from the installation folder, of course that could be just a coincidence.

4670k @ 4.6ghz
    16gb ram @ 2000mhz
    7970 @ 1200/1700
    Video settings on Ultra preset

Two shorts rounds on Operation locker with Win 7

Frames: 70435 - Time: 857459ms - Avg: 82.144 - Min: 52 - Max: 130
    Frames: 94880 - Time: 1159587ms - Avg: 81.822 - Min: 49 - Max: 131

Two even shorter rounds as it keeps crashing with Win 8.1

Frames: 29621 - Time: 346875ms - Avg: 85.394 - Min: 60 - Max: 147
    Frames: 29829 - Time: 339234ms - Avg: 87.930 - Min: 61 - Max: 161

Okay, I've updated drivers (I was sure I had already but there were new ones) disabled hyperthreading and it's running smooth now!

• Advertisement

Okay, I've updated drivers (I was sure I had already but there were new ones) disabled hyperthreading and it's running smooth now!

very similar set up to yourself 5uspect, disabled hyper threading in bios, but still getting crazy spikes from 50-5 fps, same spike issue on any setting also.have the latest drivers updated, hope they patch this up asap, it looks like it was released too early, with other issues like crashes, rubber banding issues etc.

very similar set up to yourself 5uspect, disabled hyper threading in bios, but still getting crazy spikes from 50-5 fps, same spike issue on any setting also.have the latest drivers updated, hope they patch this up asap, it looks like it was released too early, with other issues like crashes, rubber banding issues etc.

Have you tried the Directx fix?
    http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?11396-Stuttering-fix-for-NVIDIA-here

just tried the trick there on the first map and it worked a charm , the choppiness and spikes were gone, on the second server it was definately improved from before but there were alot of spikes in fps from 5fps back up to 60 where it should be, very strange.
    not sure if fraps program would read 'lag' as a drop in 'frames per second'?, if so then it could just be a server/lag issue on dice/ea's end and not the hardware perhaps.

cheers for the link 5uspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Should my i5 2500k be reaching 90% all the time during play? seems a bit high considering no other game even arma brings it above 50%

IgsTer wrote: »
    Should my i5 2500k be reaching 90% all the time during play? seems a bit high considering no other game even arma brings it above 50%

My cores on my 4670k @ 4.6 always hit 99% in bf3 and bf4.It runs well though. :confused:

IgsTer wrote: »

My i7 860 only hits about 70% load and my gameplay is buttery smooth, so... that is a bit high alright.

Dcully wrote: »
    I read somewhere yesterday that isnt true at all, apparently the difference was only in the beta before it was patched.
    Dont know how true that is.

Yet more proof W8 outperforms W7 in the benches

BF-4-1920-x-1080-Ultra-settings-GTX-770-vs-7970.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

brief tip from rivalxfactor that I tested and seems to work wonders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkfIFP0g2xY&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXN76fKLJUFeMK12fAN5Gug

though I advise against changing any video settings midgame, it seems your fps will always drop and never recover until the next map loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yet more proof W8 outperforms W7 in the benches

On intel Machines on average its is 2-7 frames. Hardly worth an upgrade to a shiet OS for that. Yes, I used it, it is horrible.

Edit: Very unconsistant numbers too. In some cases win 7 is even faster. Knowing that BF4 does not have a proper benchmark application, these numbers have nothing solid to stand on.

• Advertisement

No problems with W8.1 here tbh. I never see what the big fuss is.

Advertisement