Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Coast Guard P.P.E.

• 31-10-2013 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭

Finally we have the roll out of the new coast guard ppe and uniform. I must say the new gear is of excellent quality. The old orange overalls and jackets which where similar to those used by newspaper sellers in Dublin are thankfully being returned to stores as they used to cause a lot of sweat and didn't provide much protection from the elements especially when used for longer periods. I don't have photos yet but I'm sure there are some on line.

The new gear means we have moved from cotton combats and shirts with non-breathable hi vis jackets to a fully breathable layering system with base layers, mid layers and waterproofs all designed to work together.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

2058275_orig.jpg

Here's a picture of the new gear from a press release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Just got ours last night. It sure is fantastic stuff! Very high quality....all Helly Hanson gear (except 1 bit). And nearly everyone happy with the sizes too (thats a first).

I am hearing that its good on the job too (moves well and wind/water proof). Must organise a search or training ex before we use it in 'anger'.

Advertisement