Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This argument has prob been discussed loads of times but if Kurt Cobain didn't die would there be no Foo Fighters today ???

Would some Foo Fighters be actually Nirvana tracks ?

I think there def would have been a Foo Fighters but nothing as big as they were today. I think Dave still would have done a side project at some stage.

I still think Nirvana probably would have broken up before we hit the millennium but if Dave then went with Foo's full time it would have been constantly compared to Nirvana (I know for the first couple of years it happened anyways but i think it would have been on going)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think Nirvana would have broken up well before the millennium tbh. At the time of Kurt's death they probably only had another year or two in them. I think the band themselves were pretty solid as friends, but Kurt's volatility coupled with the pressure of celebrity promised to doom them anyway.

Most likely we would have seen Cobain doing an Elvis; releasing bits and pieces of work with ad-hoc bands, doing small gigs here and there in the US, etc., but mostly staying out of the limelight except on his own terms.
    I don't think he ever wanted to be huge, he preferred just hacking away on a guitar in a small club. The politics of producing major albums and the intensity of world tours was just not his bag. I think that's why Unplugged was such an incredible recording; it was Kurt back to his roots performing a small gig, playing the songs he wanted to play, with some of his friends.

23471919_10159488956815545_6638804991245202654_n.jpg?oh=fda5b74cd134482240898daabe530031&oe=5A999710

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,813 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hard to knw if there will be an Irish date on the tour

Thankfully have Manchester tickets so don't really matter to me

Hard to knw if there will be an Irish date on the tour

Thankfully have Manchester tickets so don't really matter to me

If the rumours are true that they are doing R&L then i could see them doing T-Vital

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

If the rumours are true that they are doing R&L then i could see them doing T-Vital

Ohh YES!!!!! They played that in 2012. Brilliant gig with The Black Keys. Kasabian playing Custom House SQ on the Monday so Good if true would probably be the Wednesday.

Ohh YES!!!!! They played that in 2012. Brilliant gig with The Black Keys. Kasabian playing Custom House SQ on the Monday so Good if true would probably be the Wednesday.

Now its only a rumour that i seen on Efestivals , but they have also left out Scotland on the tour so people are thinking they will do the Glasgow Summer Sessions which is around the same time as R&L and T-Vital

More dates added to the american tour but they begin from the 1st of Sept which could leave them open for August festivals like R&L,Glasgow Summer Series/T-Vital
    23592399_10159496139595545_5788319663698645800_o.jpg?oh=0f4506d49f78d0ab364f1114a76faa31&oe=5A6361BC

delighted ordered my train ticket from London Euston To Manchester for the 19th June for €28. Pearl Jam in the o2 on the 18th June and the Foos in the etihad on the 19th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

there's a worrying trend of big bands skipping Ireland of late on European tours. The absence of a rock/ guitar focused summer festival isnt helping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

s8n wrote: »
    there's a worrying trend of big bands skipping Ireland of late on European tours. The absence of a rock/ guitar focused summer festival isnt helping

Ireland needs the likes of a Download festival

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Respectfully disagree there. The thing is rock music itself today is just not very big and the big bands of today are playing venues here which suit that notion.

There is no demand for a rock festival here Maiden and Metallica could only fetch in around 25-30k with suitable bills at day events here during the boom times tells you that.

Donington this year quick scazz at it's main stage alone GnR,A7X,BFMV,Thunder,Black Stone Cherry,Volbeat,COF,Marmozets,Inglorious all these bands are either coming or have played here in the last 18 months certainly not an indication bands are skipping us.

We've also had Aerosmith,Black Sabbath,Alter Bridge,Maiden,Trivium,Feeder,Alice Cooper,Paramore,Clutch,Blue Oyster Cult,Green Day,QOTSA +countless others stop by here in about that space of time too.

Personally speaking I've a heap of gigs coming up 90% of the rock description and need announcements to stop my bank balance is taking some trimming!

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Ireland needs the likes of a Download festival

It had one! :pac:

Respectfully disagree there. The thing is rock music itself today is just not very big and the big bands of today are playing venues here which suit that notion.

There is no demand for a rock festival here Maiden and Metallica could only fetch in around 25-30k with suitable bills at day events here during the boom times tells you that.

Donington this year quick scazz at it's main stage alone GnR,A7X,BFMV,Thunder,Black Stone Cherry,Volbeat,COF,Marmozets,Inglorious all these bands are either coming or have played here in the last 18 months certainly not an indication bands are skipping us.

We've also had Aerosmith,Black Sabbath,Alter Bridge,Maiden,Trivium,Feeder,Alice Cooper,Paramore,Clutch,Blue Oyster Cult,Green Day,QOTSA +countless others stop by here in about that space of time too.

Personally speaking I've a heap of gigs coming up 90% of the rock description and need announcements to stop my bank balance is taking some trimming!

I disagree.

Metallica, Foos, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Jack White, Linkin Park, Prophets of Rage, AiC to name a few have all repeatedly skipped Ireland on their last few tours including this summer.

I disagree.

Metallica, Foos, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Jack White, Linkin Park, Prophets of Rage, AiC to name a few have all repeatedly skipped Ireland on their last few tours including this summer.

Kinda gathered PJ and Metallica figured in your thinking before typing my last post both those bands are now down to tour sporadically. Eddie Vedder was here last year all the same. Jack White and Foos isn't exactly years since they last here. POR,Aic and Pumpkins fall into the too small for 3arena Public Enemy did play not so long ago though supporting the Prodigy, Pumpkins last tours here were in Vicar st/Olympia stuff since then has been dire anyhow.

Linkin Park only played London mainly the last few times they were around and had to be urged to do their first album in fill when they last played Download.

Fail to see this trend; bands tour more than ever now.

Black Sabbath hadn't ever played Dublin with Ozzy before last year,Alter Bridge played their first shows here as did Steel Panther recently. Epica are here on Tuesday debut Irish show too. Whereas every act you mentioned have played here at some point (POR with their core groups).

Kinda gathered PJ and Metallica figured in your thinking before typing my last post both those bands are now down to tour sporadically. Eddie Vedder was here last year all the same. Jack White and Foos isn't exactly years since they last here. POR,Aic and Pumpkins fall into the too small for 3arena Public Enemy did play not so long ago though supporting the Prodigy, Pumpkins last tours here were in Vicar st/Olympia stuff since then has been dire anyhow.

Linkin Park only played London mainly the last few times they were around and had to be urged to do their first album in fill when they last played Download.

Fail to see this trend; bands tour more than ever now.

Black Sabbath hadn't ever played Dublin with Ozzy before last year,Alter Bridge played their first shows here as did Steel Panther recently. Epica are here on Tuesday debut Irish show too. Whereas every act you mentioned have played here at some point (POR with their core groups).

Eddie vedder isnt Pearl Jam.

Lets agree to differ but I'm seeing a worrying trend

Eddie vedder isnt Pearl Jam.

Lets agree to differ but I'm seeing a worrying trend

It's what he is known for, he didn't sell those gigs out because of his solo work he did so because people are well in the knowledge he'll play 3/4's of his set Pearl Jam songs. Obviously it's a different delivery of a show and not something I'd personally be interested in but again sporadic dates and Ireland managed to land 2 so there was fear in the PJ forum that when touring with the full band could see them not come. 2 shows in London is not something to describe as a "UK tour" either.

I accept ya differing of course ;)

4 weeks to Manchester

Still waiting on my etickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

4 weeks to Manchester

Still waiting on my etickets

Still waiting for the London etickets as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Got my London etickets on May 18th. Hopefully they all arrive this week for ye!

• Advertisement

Got my London etickets on May 18th. Hopefully they all arrive this week for ye!

Were they emailed to you ? and was it tixtu you used to buy them ?

Yep, emailed from gigsandtours.com

Yep, emailed from gigsandtours.com

That's a different site to here https://tixtu.com/ thats where I booked mine.

Were yours on general sale through that site? I think I used a presale code and link that the foo fighters released.

Were yours on general sale through that site? I think I used a presale code and link that the foo fighters released.

I think it was a general sale

Etickets are in my TM account now

Didn't knw what to expect for the 19th June in Manchester but from seeing clips of the guys live im in for a great night. Don't knw anything from the support (Wolf Alice and The Cribs). Loving the setlists on the tour so far

What a week of gigs i await that week. Pearl Jam In London the 18th June, Foos the day after and then Billy Joel in the Aviva on the 23rd June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Didn't knw what to expect for the 19th June in Manchester but from seeing clips of the guys live im in for a great night. Don't knw anything from the support (Wolf Alice and The Cribs). Loving the setlists on the tour so far

What a week of gigs i await that week. Pearl Jam In London the 18th June, Foos the day after and then Billy Joel in the Aviva on the 23rd June.

Do they still drag out every second song into a jam? I hated that the past few times I saw them.

Euro leg 2 started on Friday night last and they play in Sweden tonight

Looking forward to Manchester on the 19th June

• Advertisement

Have they recovered from RamR? Watched the live stream over a few brews the other night, Daves voice went half way through so they had to improvise a bit to fill out the set and skipped a number of songs that were on printed setlist.

Advertisement