Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit the wall

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Lineball

djimi wrote: »
    They would want to claim off the OPs car insurance, no?

Car insurance only covers incidents in public places. This appears to have happened in a private place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,966 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Take of the two cap stones, take out the unstraight blocks, replace what needs to be replaced, (if anything at all) and build it back up. Then paint it again.

(it looks painted not rendered)

There isnt much in there a DIY'er couldnt fix if im totally honest. Its a cosmetic shift in a low boundary wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Outsidethebox

OP,

Firstly, coola boola!

Best thing to do is get a few quotes yourself to have it fixed as if the LL has a handyman he will probably charge more than what say for example an unemployed blocklayer would do it for you.

If the cheapest quote is for example €300, then you could pay the LL an extra €100 rent for 3 months or an extra €50 rent for 6 months etc. Get the quote first then approach the landlord. His handyman might even fix it for less.

(You hardly have ever laid blocks or have you a friend that laid blocks before no?)

OTB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Still waiting to hear from the LL, things look a lot better today, I'm not in as much of a tizzy about it, I'm sure everything will be fine. Will post when I know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

With regards the insurance advice - maximum no claims bonus is 5 years with majority of companies.

Also every company have different ways of reducing your bonus in the event of a claim so you need to check with them - some are 2, some are 3 and some would take all your bonus.

With regards to public place - an insurance company would pay out even though it isn't a public place - I've had numerous claims for damage to vehicles and buildings on private property.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Lineball

jinkybhoy wrote: »

With regards to public place - an insurance company would pay out even though it isn't a public place - I've had numerous claims for damage to vehicles and buildings on private property.
    Just because someplace is private property does not mean that it is not a public place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

LL got back to me today, told him about it and he laughed, he's going have a look at it and we'll talk about it then. I'm glad I told him it was me, it was the right thing to do, he's sound and I'm sure that it will be sorted with little to no problems.

Advertisement