Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighter to Tour in 2014

Options
  • 31-10-2013 6:48pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Foo Fighters have announced that they’re making a comeback next year - spearheaded by a massive gig in Mexico this December.

Dave Grohl and co. have been away from the live game for the past 12 months, having toured the world in support of their last album ‘Wasting Light’, which hit shelves back in 2011.

They have spent their time working on their next record and now a 2014 comeback is well and truly on the cards, with a return to the stage taking place even sooner than expected.

Supported by the National, Foo Fighters will hit the 55,000 capacity Foro Sol stadium in Mexico City on December 13. If you’re a fan of the band, and want to make the trip, click here to search for Foo Fighters tickets through Stereoboard!

Foo Fighters last played their own headline UK shows at Milton Keynes Bowl in summer 2011, two gigs which sold out in minutes! Stay tuned for any Foo Fighters UK tour news.

Meanwhile, guitarist Chris Shiflett recently revealed that they have already begun rehearsing songs for the new collection. He said back in August:
    “We actually just started making a new Foo Fighters record within the last few weeks. We've started rehearsing.”

300x375xScreenshot_1.png.pagespeed.ic.VNEllLRWYg.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭eldest200

Would they so arenas over here or festivals next year? I remember that Dave said in Belfast last year they would tour there when they have their new album out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well we have not gotten an arena show since the In Your Honour tour in 2005 . If they are back in Europe in the summer id say we will get a outdoor show somewhere like PP with Queens supporting them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Well we have not gotten an arena show since the In Your Honour tour in 2005 . If they are back in Europe in the summer id say we will get a outdoor show somewhere like PP with Queens supporting them :)
    You'd better not be wrong! You have my hopes up now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Really hoping for a Saturday night headline slot for the Foo's at Glastonbury. Would nicely set up my first Glasto!!

Would be delighted with a PP show aswell in mid-July.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

They played Vital last year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Could they be Slane?.. would adore a PP show though!

bennyl10 wrote: »

Sadly no , They are not big enough over here to sell out Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 43,914 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Seen them support the Chili's in Slane 2003, and they were amazing!

Haven't seen them since and have mixed opinions on what they're released since tbh.

Disappointed we didn't get an anniversary tour for what is unmistakably their best album.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

dont agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Disagree with this. If there was one excellent support ban with them then this would. Slane draws a crowd anyway regardless of who is actually playing.

• Advertisement

Disagree with this. If there was one excellent support ban with them then this would. Slane draws a crowd anyway regardless of who is actually playing.

If they would be happy with a Bon Jovi turn out then you could be right , put Queens Of The Stone Age as main support and few other decent acts (unlike the Bon Jovi support bill)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

unlike the Bon Jovi support bill

You could have seen most of them any weekend somewhere in Ireland.

You could have seen most of them any weekend somewhere in Ireland.

Yea they seriously cheaped out on support

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, I'd say that pretty much confirms the Glasto rumour so.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Basq wrote: »
    Seen them support the Chili's in Slane 2003, and they were amazing!

That was the worst show I've seen of theirs! Too short and they weren't great. Every other time was better :) (I've seen them 10 times)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Would make my summer if they got to headline slane..would be class

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Would make my summer if they got to headline slane..would be class
    The only good thing were Foo Fighters gonna be at Slane would be they'd be gaurenteed elsewhere in Europe and I may indulge there, Slane farce of a venue!!

As a massive fan of Foo's i just dont think they would sell out Slane or are big enough over here to do it . But i coudl be wrong and id def go see them in Slane

I think they'll play Marley Park in 2015 like AF this year

i just dont think they would sell out Slane or are big enough over here to do it . in Slane

Didn't the tickets for both BJ and Eminem not sell well?

• Advertisement

eldest200 wrote: »
    Didn't the tickets for both BJ and Eminem not sell well?

Em Bon Jovi sold about 40,000/50,000???? While i think Eminem pretty much sold out .

If they had a strong support bill and would be happy with a Bon Jovi type turn out .

Foo Fighters
    Queens Of The Stone Age/Biffy Clyro or even through in Arctic Monkeys would sell very well id say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭dobman88

Anyone hear anything else about a possible FF gig/European tour?

http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/78323

Any boardies up for this ha

http://www.nme.com/news/foo-fighters/78323

Any boardies up for this ha

haha
    the temptations is oddly strong..

yano if i won the lotto

They are playing a gig in London on Sunday. Absolutely gutted I missed seeing it advertised. Can't wait for SH to come out and hopefully a tour will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

dobman88 wrote: »
    They are playing a gig in London on Sunday. Absolutely gutted I missed seeing it advertised. Can't wait for SH to come out and hopefully a tour will follow.

It's a closing ceremony for the Invictus games they are playing its more than likely not going to be a full show.

They have however announced secret clubs shows on the lead up to playing the event though.

The first of which took place tonight in Brighton setlist here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fighters/2014/concorde-2-brighton-england-63cf8a37.html

.......Lucky B******'s!!

Foo Fighters thrilled a rammed Concorde 2 venue in Brighton earlier tonight (September 10) with a set packed with rare songs and hits, plus hints of "a week at Wembley Stadium".

As the band, billed as The Holy ****s, arrived onstage to rapturous cheers, Dave Grohl greeted the crowd by saying "That's why we came to play here. Here's what I'd like to do. How many of you people have seen Foo Fighters before? Usually it's in the bigger places. How about we do some of the stuff we wouldn't usually do in the big places, some old songs."

The band then launched into 'Enough Space' from 1997's 'The Colour And The Shape', followed by 'I'll Stick Around' and 'See You', during which they broke into a jazz section and Grohl joked "I can tell it's gonna get ****ing hot in here. I'm already receiving your perspiration. Your sweat is going in my ****ing mouth, which I find disgusting. Only joking, I love you."

The rarities kept coming with 'New Way Home', and 'Up In Arms' also from 'The Colour And The Shape', the latter introduced by Grohl as "a love song - we don't play it enough because when we play it at festivals the line for the toilets get really long. I don't think anyone's going anywhere tonight though, if you have to go do it on the person in front of you."

He also explained his thinking behind the tiny club show: "I seem to remember years ago we played this club and it was also hot as balls. When we were asked to come over and play the Invictus Games on Sunday I thought 'we haven't played in the UK in years, and I thought we'd try to play gigs like this pretty much every night we're here until we have to go home. And it gives us a chance to see your faces before we play that week at Wembley Stadium. "

Grohl then pointed out that their UK covers act The UK Foo Fighters were at the show, saying "we don't wanna **** the bed in front of the UK Foo Fighters. They'll be like 'that's not how it goes." They then played 'Big Me' from their self-titled debut album and asked the covers band "how did we do?"

Bigger hits followed in the shape of 'Generator', 'Rope' and a passionate 'The Pretender', complete with Pat Smear guitar solo. "That's the first time I've heard you do an improvised solo," Grohl said to him, "that shot was jazz. You should do a solo every night, people like that more than the song."

"From this point out we'll try to play every song a little bit different then we usually would, just to make it interesting for you," Grohl said before leading the band into early hit 'Learning To Fly' which grew into a double speed thrash and included a quiet "breakdown". Grohl explained his trick "you speed it up as fast as you can, then you realise it's hot as **** in here and you break it down and say something funny until you don't want to throw up anymore. There, you have the Foo Fighters. Okay, the nausea has passed." The band then built back into the final chorus.

Grohl then asked Jay, the singer from the UK Foo Fighters onstage saying "ladies and gentlemen, please welcome... Me!" The cover singer took Grohl's place for 'White Limo' from 'Wasted Light', moshing with Grohl during his solo and Grohl hugged him as the song finished and plugged the covers band's upcoming show at the same venue. "I was on vacation for three and a half minutes," Grohl quipped.

'Arlandria' was also adapted to include an AC/DC call and response section before drummer Taylor Hawkins told a story about being slapped in the face by Todd Terry the night before "We were on our way to the stage and I went 'look, there's Todd Terry, he's cool', so I went up to him and said 'hey man, I'm so tired. I really need someone to slap me in the face right n... Boom!". Grohl then introduced Taylor's vocal on 'Cold Day In The Sun' as "'Sunday Bloody Sunday'". The song ended with synth and drum solos.

An extended 'Dear Rosemary' gave way to a bluesy cover of Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers' 'Breakdown'. "You guys wanna sing a couple more?" Grohl asked before a euphorically received 'Hero', complete a rock'n'roll jam outro before admitting "we're kinda working on the fly tonight."

The main set wound up with 'Hey, Johnny Park!' and 'Everlong', Grohl declaring, "The only way you get used to playing like this is playing like this."

The crowd chanting "Holy ****s! Holy ****s!" brought the band back on for an encore, Grohl saying "since we've been inside this ****ing sweatbox there's been about two thousand people outside listening to the rock show. I'd rather be out there than in here mother****ers, it is hot as ****. This one I want to hear everyone sing as ****ing loud as they can but I wanna hear the people outside shouting at the top of their ****ing lungs." The band then finished with 'All My Life' which prompted venue-wide moshing.

Foo Fighters played:

'Enough Space'
    'I'll Stick Around'
    'See You'
    'New Way Home'
    'Up In Arms'
    'Big Me'
    'Generator'
    'Rope'
    'The Pretender'
    'Learning To Fly'
    'White Limo'
    'Arlandria'
    'Cold Day In The Sun'
    'Dear Rosemary'
    'Breakdown' (Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers cover)
    'Hero'
    'Hey, Johnny Park!'
    'Everlong'
    'All My Life'

Foo Fighters thrilled a rammed Concorde 2 venue in Brighton earlier tonight (September 10) with a set packed with rare songs and hits, plus hints of "a week at Wembley Stadium".

As the band, billed as The Holy ****s, arrived onstage to rapturous cheers, Dave Grohl greeted the crowd by saying "That's why we came to play here. Here's what I'd like to do. How many of you people have seen Foo Fighters before? Usually it's in the bigger places. How about we do some of the stuff we wouldn't usually do in the big places, some old songs."

The band then launched into 'Enough Space' from 1997's 'The Colour And The Shape', followed by 'I'll Stick Around' and 'See You', during which they broke into a jazz section and Grohl joked "I can tell it's gonna get ****ing hot in here. I'm already receiving your perspiration. Your sweat is going in my ****ing mouth, which I find disgusting. Only joking, I love you."

The rarities kept coming with 'New Way Home', and 'Up In Arms' also from 'The Colour And The Shape', the latter introduced by Grohl as "a love song - we don't play it enough because when we play it at festivals the line for the toilets get really long. I don't think anyone's going anywhere tonight though, if you have to go do it on the person in front of you."

He also explained his thinking behind the tiny club show: "I seem to remember years ago we played this club and it was also hot as balls. When we were asked to come over and play the Invictus Games on Sunday I thought 'we haven't played in the UK in years, and I thought we'd try to play gigs like this pretty much every night we're here until we have to go home. And it gives us a chance to see your faces before we play that week at Wembley Stadium. "

Grohl then pointed out that their UK covers act The UK Foo Fighters were at the show, saying "we don't wanna **** the bed in front of the UK Foo Fighters. They'll be like 'that's not how it goes." They then played 'Big Me' from their self-titled debut album and asked the covers band "how did we do?"

Bigger hits followed in the shape of 'Generator', 'Rope' and a passionate 'The Pretender', complete with Pat Smear guitar solo. "That's the first time I've heard you do an improvised solo," Grohl said to him, "that shot was jazz. You should do a solo every night, people like that more than the song."

"From this point out we'll try to play every song a little bit different then we usually would, just to make it interesting for you," Grohl said before leading the band into early hit 'Learning To Fly' which grew into a double speed thrash and included a quiet "breakdown". Grohl explained his trick "you speed it up as fast as you can, then you realise it's hot as **** in here and you break it down and say something funny until you don't want to throw up anymore. There, you have the Foo Fighters. Okay, the nausea has passed." The band then built back into the final chorus.

Grohl then asked Jay, the singer from the UK Foo Fighters onstage saying "ladies and gentlemen, please welcome... Me!" The cover singer took Grohl's place for 'White Limo' from 'Wasted Light', moshing with Grohl during his solo and Grohl hugged him as the song finished and plugged the covers band's upcoming show at the same venue. "I was on vacation for three and a half minutes," Grohl quipped.

'Arlandria' was also adapted to include an AC/DC call and response section before drummer Taylor Hawkins told a story about being slapped in the face by Todd Terry the night before "We were on our way to the stage and I went 'look, there's Todd Terry, he's cool', so I went up to him and said 'hey man, I'm so tired. I really need someone to slap me in the face right n... Boom!". Grohl then introduced Taylor's vocal on 'Cold Day In The Sun' as "'Sunday Bloody Sunday'". The song ended with synth and drum solos.

An extended 'Dear Rosemary' gave way to a bluesy cover of Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers' 'Breakdown'. "You guys wanna sing a couple more?" Grohl asked before a euphorically received 'Hero', complete a rock'n'roll jam outro before admitting "we're kinda working on the fly tonight."

The main set wound up with 'Hey, Johnny Park!' and 'Everlong', Grohl declaring, "The only way you get used to playing like this is playing like this."

The crowd chanting "Holy ****s! Holy ****s!" brought the band back on for an encore, Grohl saying "since we've been inside this ****ing sweatbox there's been about two thousand people outside listening to the rock show. I'd rather be out there than in here mother****ers, it is hot as ****. This one I want to hear everyone sing as ****ing loud as they can but I wanna hear the people outside shouting at the top of their ****ing lungs." The band then finished with 'All My Life' which prompted venue-wide moshing.

Foo Fighters played:

'Enough Space'
    'I'll Stick Around'
    'See You'
    'New Way Home'
    'Up In Arms'
    'Big Me'
    'Generator'
    'Rope'
    'The Pretender'
    'Learning To Fly'
    'White Limo'
    'Arlandria'
    'Cold Day In The Sun'
    'Dear Rosemary'
    'Hero'
    'Hey, Johnny Park!'
    'Everlong'
    'All My Life'

Bunch of lucky ba$tards

Foo Fighters played:

'Enough Space'
    'I'll Stick Around'
    'See You'
    'New Way Home'
    'Up In Arms'
    'Big Me'
    'Generator'
    'Rope'
    'The Pretender'
    'Learning To Fly'
    'White Limo'
    'Arlandria'
    'Cold Day In The Sun'
    'Dear Rosemary'
    'Hero'
    'Hey, Johnny Park!'
    'Everlong'
    'All My Life'

A WEEK IN WEMBLEY?! No way surely..

• Advertisement

A WEEK IN WEMBLEY?! No way surely..

Yea i can see 2 or 3 nights max in Wembley only if they are not doing any other UK festivals

Advertisement