Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can I contact Bertie Ahern??

• 31-10-2013 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Yeah so I know that this seems ridiculous. But does anyone actually know if it is possible to contact Bertie, our former Taoiseach? Via E-mail? Telephone? Post is too lengthy..

I am doing an essay for college on Industrial Relations and I need him for something!!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Yeah so I know that this seems ridiculous. But does anyone actually know if it is possible to contact Bertie, our former Taoiseach? Via E-mail? Telephone? Post is too lengthy..

I am doing an essay for college on Industrial Relations and I need him for something!!

Thanks in advance.

Prob in his local in drumcondra..doubt hel be anywhere else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 4lovestreet

Hahaha, Lads I know its ridiculous!!

This is a last resort like, can't find info I am looking for. Surely its not impossible?? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Thanks in advance.

That's assuming that he'll speak to you etc.
    Do you know anyone high up in FF?

Or frequent fagans in drumcondra

Oh yeah of course assuming he will talk to me. I e-mailed FF earlier. No reply yet. No I don't know anyone!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

hang around Drumcondra with a brown envelope, I'm sure hell find you...
    If the question is how did he manage to maintain industrial peace and please everyone, the answer is $$$...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭Macy0161

keano2012 wrote: »
    The bookies?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 175 ✭✭sonny jim bob jones

Climb a tree. He's sure to find you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Idbatterim wrote: »
    hang around Drumcondra with a brown envelope, I'm sure hell find you...

not just anywhere in Drumcondra, has to be a carpark. :rolleyes:

I tried LinkedIn for you, but I am guessing this is a pisstake

http://www.linkedin.com/in/bertieahern as he has no connections?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Hello_MrFox

Small bit of topic, but does he walk around/shop in Dublin on his own or would he need some sort of security?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Macy0161 wrote: »
    The bookies?

Fagans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

Try the attached document
    tds-contact-details.pdf

Thanks MonaPizza, Ill give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

Scortho wrote: »
    Fagans.
    I heard he doesn't drink there anymore. Too much abuse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

baldbear wrote: »
    I heard he doesn't drink there anymore. Too much abuse.

It isn't half enough of what he deserves the ****ing gangster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

I was hoping you were a hitman

It isn't half enough of what he deserves the ****ing gangster!

It wasn't his fault. It was Lehmans and their testicles.

http://sbjh.wordpress.com/2012/09/02/bertie-ahern-quotes/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Use the Bertsign.

It's a big light with a symbol of a hand going into a pocket. It lets the people of Gotham know he's still around.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

For all we know, he could be a poster. Could you try posting in appropriate forums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Use the Bertsign.

It's a big light with a symbol of a hand going into a pocket. It lets the people of Gotham know he's still around.
    he's the hero Ireland deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A wee ****e.

• Advertisement

he's the hero Ireland deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A wee ****e.
    Brilliant this has me laughing out loud :D
    I was going to post something similar earlier, except I was going to say it would be a brown envelope placed on a massive spotlight...
    For all we know, he could be a poster. Could you try posting in appropriate forums?
    Ill be even more suspicious of the FF apologist posts now!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

He's going to PM you later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

When I was in primary school I was friends with a guy who lived in the same housing estate as he does, in Drumcondra. We were making some sort of stupid 'jackass' video with a video camera, when we saw Bertie coming home. So we shouted over "HEY BERTIE CAN WE HAVE AN INTERVIEW?!" not thinking he'd come over...but just as he was about to go into his house, he turned around and came out to us. Gave a little interview to camera. I'm not sure what the hell he was asked. Then my friend edited it, overlaying the interview with some graphics and my friend saying Berrrrtie Aheeeeeerrrrrnnn, and had the teacher play it for our class.

So anyway, all you need to do OP is camp outside his house for a bit. Can't fail.

Thanks for all the help and jokes guy - No luck yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭A Scoundrel

Why not just telephone or email the Department of the Taoiseach and ask for a message to be forwarded. That Dept. is the one that manages the affairs of ex Taoisigh, where necessary.

tbh I'm not sure de bert will be of much use to you. There are others who were much more deeply involved in policy and negotiations... Prof Walsh in UCD, Billy Attley of SIPTU. The former is retired, I presume the latter is too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Why not just telephone or email the Department of the Taoiseach and ask for a message to be forwarded. That Dept. is the one that manages the affairs of ex Taoisigh, where necessary.

ok seriously Bertie is no more going to talk to you. Not a chance. Why would he. just give it a break already

Cheers for that Keano2012.

AScoundrel, yes I understand he is not an expert in the area. What I am actually doing is a comparative report on the IR approaches taken by Margaret Thatcher and Bertie Ahern. It is part of a MBS in HR.

I have found loads of info on UK, but as always, not much literature has been wrote on IR in Ireland during this period. Or at least it is not relevant to what I am trying to do.

Any help in relation to this would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭cabledude

AScoundrel, yes I understand he is not an expert in the area. What I am actually doing is a comparative report on the IR approaches taken by Margaret Thatcher and Bertie Ahern. It is part of a MBS in HR.
    Maggie put the unions in their place by calling their bluff. Ahern went down to the central bank and took van loads of our money over the ICTU head office and gave it to them under a thing called 'benchmarking'

Now, you know.

• Advertisement

Hahaha. Thanks very much cabledude.Sure thats my report wrote right there.

Hahaha. Thanks very much cabledude.Sure thats my report wrote right there.
    Happy to be of assistance my good man/woman.

Hahaha... Good woman! Yeah I see that alright. Looks like I'll have to motor on with my man Bertie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

I'm sure he is dead. No news since 2004 according to this

http://www.fiannafail.ie/content/pages/bertie-ahern/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

keano2012 wrote: »

Wasn't he getting abuse from Drumcondra locals in Fagans ? At least I heard that back in 2011, not sure if it still goes on. I know if he walked into a pub I drank in he'd be getting abuse from all quarters.

Hahaha... Good woman! Yeah I see that alright. Looks like I'll have to motor on with my man Bertie.
    Seriously though, a poster has mentioned calling the Dept of The Taoiseach. If they cannot help you, I'd call the Aras. As a former Taoiseach, he sits on the council of state. The Aras will probably have a Council liason officer. They may pass your details onto him. Hope this helps. !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Suppose you've checked the cupboard !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

You could go up to Parnell Park on Wednesday night for the Dublin Senior Football final replay. I'd say there's a good chance he'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

c/o Konto Nr. 249512935-G, UBS, Bahnhoffstrasse 123, CH-8000 Zurich, Switzerland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Wasn't he getting abuse from Drumcondra locals in Fagans ? At least I heard that back in 2011, not sure if it still goes on. I know if he walked into a pub I drank in he'd be getting abuse from all quarters.

I used to frequent Fagans quite a bit.

He was cock of the walk there for a long time,used to be in the lounge with his GF and a couple of gardai drivers/bodyguards and could be found in there several times a week.

After he stopped being taoiseach he took to hanging round in teh bar only( a wretchedly unfriendly place) with his driver(i never saw the GF in there with him).

Word round the campfire is that the owner barred him a couple of years back because he resembled Bertie's remark about the bertie bowl being his biggest regret of his time in office...not sure exactly how sure that is but he hasnt been seen since.

As for the OP there's no way anybody will put you onto him and he personaly wont speak to you either so i'd put that idea to rest if i were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Go to the pub, just don't have a crutch. ;)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

OP, if we'd known you were on crutches we could have organised a taxi.
    Do you need an alibi?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Vivisectus

Why? Do you need your rope back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Oh yeah of course assuming he will talk to me. I e-mailed FF earlier. No reply yet. No I don't know anyone!! :(

ff don't know bertie and some of them never knew him.
    To them he sleeps with the fishes.
    Climb a tree. He's sure to find you.

Isn't that his brother ?
    cabledude wrote: »
    Maggie put the unions in their place by calling their bluff. Ahern went down to the central bank and took van loads of our money over the ICTU head office and gave it to them under a thing called 'benchmarking'

Now, you know.

maggie broke the unions, bertie broke the country.
    maggie chastised the union officals, bertie put them on quangoe boards.

bertie solved his problems by somehow giving people almost everything they wanted which resulted in a short term solution that made people somewhat happy, but really he did not solve any long term festering issues.
    He in fact added some long term problems.
    And yes I believe the same can be said of the North to some extent.

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement