Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The current form...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I think the key thing to remember is that the majority of us agreed that it would take time for the squad to gel. There's so many new faces, a new language and work environment etc.

AVB has obviously turned us in to a force which can control a game. So the focus this side of Christmas is to control games and make sure we come out with three points. So far that hasn't gone too badly.

After Christmas I'd be hoping to see things properly gelling. I generally give myself 6 months to get used to a new work environment and not feel like the 'new guy'.

After Christmas is normally when we have a slump, so if we gone go from strength to strength in that period, then we should be, at least, sailing in to a top 4 finish come May.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Really good article

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Haven't left second gear yet. The squad has the potential to hit alot of goals and gather alot of points. The main thing is that we're conceding very few goals. Just need the new players to hit their potential and start getting some goals/assists.

Arsenal are only an injury or two away from collapse so the January transfer window will be crucial for them, but if they manage to keep everyone fit it'll be tough to halt their momentum.

Man Utd & Man City will hit form. No doubt.

Chelsea you just can't say. They have quality. Still baffled by the Lukaku loan. If only we had him.

Liverpool don't have the quality to stay the distance and are possibly currently firing on all cylinders. January window crucial for them as much as Arsenal.

Advertisement