Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is road blocked going into clonbrusk estate

Options
  • 31-10-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

its causing a lot of traffic jams in morning and evenings wait till midterm break is over :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

finky1 wrote: »
    its causing a lot of traffic jams in morning and evenings wait till midterm break is over :mad:

people buying and selling fireworks in McCormack park probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

There's an 8 week trial to see how the residents get on with it being closed off. Reckon it was just so busy with people using it as a short cut to avoid the lights. Traffic lights now need a left filter light if it's to stay (which I suspect it will)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

glen25 wrote: »
    There's an 8 week trial to see how the residents get on with it being closed off. Reckon it was just so busy with people using it as a short cut to avoid the lights. Traffic lights now need a left filter light if it's to stay (which I suspect it will)

Why do the pricks in charge have to block every rat run in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

traffic was not bad today must have done something to traffic lights

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Why do the pricks in charge have to block every rat run in town.

People who live on the rat runs don't want their kids mowed down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

People who live on the rat runs don't want their kids mowed down?

Never happened in the many years prior. Same with Sarsfields. Ridiculous anti-car stuff. Drivers do watch where they are going, thats why its not happened before. The lights there were completely unnecessary, a fine example of a council spending their budget "because they have it" rather than on anything necessary (the same sh1t that held up Garycastle bridge from getting funding)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Never happened in the many years prior.

It's only been a rat run for a year? Previously was a quiet little back road.

I agree that the council have gone nuts with traffic lights around all the exits from the dual carraigeway and I wish they would remove half of them, but given that the lights went in, it was a no-brainer to close this shortcut. i was amazed they didn't do it as part of the same works.

i think they should build a new road trough old rugby pitch and out trough new rugby pitch that should solve the problem with traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

i think they should build a new road trough old rugby pitch and out trough new rugby pitch that should solve the problem with traffic

Yeah great idea......oh no wait, where will they play rugby then?

Yeah great idea......oh no wait, where will they play rugby then?

• Advertisement

the council will get them another pitch . athlone town old pitch is available wont be houses build there now

the council will get them another pitch . athlone town old pitch is available wont be houses build there now

Why would buccaneers want that crappy old pitch?

traffic bad this morning

Advertisement