Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is good in Eyre square?

Options
  • 31-10-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

My friend is coming down for the weekend and although I have been in Galway now for 2 months I still dont know the city. Can anyone recommend good places to eat and go for cocktails. I am a student so within a decent price would be great. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Trisha XxX wrote: »
    My friend is coming down for the weekend and although I have been in Galway now for 2 months I still dont know the city. Can anyone recommend good places to eat and go for cocktails. I am a student so within a decent price would be great. Thanks :)

High Cafe or Home Plate to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Asian tea house for cocktails! Hands down!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

With High Cafe you can bring your own wine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cellar is reasonably priced for food, and Fibbers does cheapish cocktails - i'd suggest checking out various facebook or websites for venues suggested to see what suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Second vote for The Cellar for food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Asian tea lounge for both food and cocktails. Not on eyre square but not far from it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

biko wrote: »
    With High Cafe you can bring your own wine.

Agree with High Cafe for eating

You may have to book if going for evening meal though as is very small

As Biko said, can bring own wine (no Buckfast though :D ) and if you want a beer or cider you can bring some up from Bunch of Grapes

The Cellar is also very reasonable, as is Blakes

Advertisement