Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any news Vodafone 4.3 update for original Note GT-N7000

• 31-10-2013 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Has anyone got any news on a Vodafone update for the original Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to Jellybean 4.3?
    In the summer we got an update to 4.1.2 but nothing since, I suppose no surprise that one hasn't come yet as it took them a year to get us from ICS to JBean.
    Not holding breath for an update any time soon, don't think that I'll see a Kit Kat update.
    It's a pity that the Android update process takes so long. After Google releases a new update the phone makers have to put their software on it, then it goes to the Network provider which add more bloatware to it which in the case of Vodafone seem to take an age.
    The Nexus line show that it's not Google that is causing the problem as all Nexus models get updates quick smart

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/10/26/exclusive-n7100xxuemj5-leaked-android-4-3-test-firmware-for-galaxy-note-ii-gt-n7100/http://www.sammobile.com/2013/10/26/exclusive-n7100xxuemj5-leaked-android-4-3-test-firmware-for-galaxy-note-ii-gt-n7100/
    Has anyone got any news on a Vodafone update for the original Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to Jellybean 4.3?
    In the summer we got an update to 4.1.2 but nothing since, I suppose no surprise that one hasn't come yet as it took them a year to get us from ICS to JBean.
    Not holding breath for an update any time soon, don't think that I'll see a Kit Kat update.
    It's a pity that the Android update process takes so long. After Google releases a new update the phone makers have to put their software on it, then it goes to the Network provider which add more bloatware to it which in the case of Vodafone seem to take an age.
    The Nexus line show that it's not Google that is causing the problem as all Nexus models get updates quick smart

Google has one or two phones to update and samsung has 30 or more... Phones like note are not typical due to s-pen etc so it is expected to wait. Also, Samsung does not spend too much time on old phones but rather focuses on new developments.

4.3 test version was leaked few days ago so full will be coming in next 2-4weeks.
    Vodafone will not issue it straight away... It could be months before they do. You could flash rom if you feel comfortable to do.

Have a read here at the top about latest leak of 4.3 for note 2

Advertisement