Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Refurb iPad 4, Am I Mad?

• 31-10-2013 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I had my heart set on getting the iPad Air. But I spotted a refurb iPad 4 on Apple.ie for €369...

I'm half thinking of getting that instead now and save myself €120...

I mean I don't mind the extra weight and I would only be using it for less processor intensive stuff like web browsing, reading and watching movies. I wouldn't be using it for gaming at all.

Plus it has the retina screen and good battery life and also comes with a 1yr warranty off Apple.

Bar being a bit heavier and slower processor is there any reason I shouldn't?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I have an iPad 2 and am still very happy with it. Given that I only use it for reading books on the kindle, checking mails, web surfing and the odd movie, there's nothing with the new iPads which would make me want to upgrade. IOS 7 is responsive and not laggy so why bother.

I personally think you're being wise and saving yourself €120. Use it to buy another gadget!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I had the same conundrum with the iPad mini, wait and pay €100 more for the retina, when I wouldn't use its power in day to day use. I don't see a big difference with retina screens, so I saved myself the money and got the ordinary mini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Thanks guys ordered it there earlier :)

Advertisement