Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

african marigolds

• 31-10-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi I wondering can i dig up african marigolds and repot them and place them in my tunnell over the winter. Will they survive :).

Thanking you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,675 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Doubtful, and hardly worth it. Best grown from seed or buy plants in the spring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Agreed, the tunnel will get down just as cold as outside. And they are very easy, cheap and quick to grow from seed.

You could plant them in your tunnel and hope they self-seed before the cold kills them. (Or leave them where they are and hope for the same). Then when the seedlings get going next spring you can pot them up or transplant them out to where you want them when it's warm enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

redser7 wrote: »
    Agreed, the tunnel will get down just as cold as outside. And they are very easy, cheap and quick to grow from seed.

You could plant them in your tunnel and hope they self-seed before the cold kills them. (Or leave them where they are and hope for the same). Then when the seedlings get going next spring you can pot them up or transplant them out to where you want them when it's warm enough.

thanka alot for the help. i have taken alot of seed and have them in envelope .will i store them in hot press till spring and sow them out then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Make sure they are dry. But keep them somewhere dry and cool. Some people keep theirs in the fridge.

Advertisement