Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken shower heads

Options
  • 31-10-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

I'm currently a guest in my sibling's house and I'm after breaking part of the showerhead that holds it up. Its steel.

Would superglue work?

Or would the entire shower have to be taken out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Superglue degrades with steam so no, it won't be any use.

What's required hugely depends on the type of shower head. Is (was) it fixed to the wall or mobile on a pole / removable from a pole?

The pole-mounted ones just involve you buying a new head, they screw off and aren't dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

You can get a replacement showerhead in Woodies. They have a few different ones ranging from about €15-30.

AFAIR you can also buy a package that includes the showerhead but also the metal hose and arm to hold it up. Can't remember what price they were though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Very easy to replace. If you can't find what you want in a shop go to ebay as they are good with small component parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Naggins

It was attached to the pipes and wall. does it need to be all taken out? The issue would be holding up the shower hose. Part of the steel shower head broke so the hose can't sit there.

FYI I broke it by turning the shower head when the water went cold cos of the water rations.

And how much would it cost to install a new shower? :(

This is it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Naggins wrote: »
    This is it.

That's broken, and won't repair. Replace it.

It was attached to the pipes and wall. does it need to be all taken out? The issue would be holding up the shower hose. Part of the steel shower head broke so the hose can't sit there.

FYI I broke it by turning the shower head when the water went cold cos of the water rations.

And how much would it cost to install a new shower? :(

No need to replace the whole shower

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/25mm-Chrome-Shower-Rail-Slider-head-holder-bracket-Brand-New-HD-2-/251291983530?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Shower_Units_PP&hash=item3a822b5eaa

Looks like a good match

Ray Palmer wrote: »

Thanks! You think that it would no problem attaching It? Like would a plumber be needed?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Thanks! You think that it would no problem attaching It? Like would a plumber be needed?

Nope. Handy d.i.y. job.

The bar will have a screw some where you just loosen, slides out then slide the holder off and put the new on and reattach the bar. Should take about 10 minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Check the model of the shower, google it for installation instructions and replacement parts are easy gotten on ebay.

I had it happen in our place and repaired it for about a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think for those you just unscrew the height adjustment, the broken part will come off and you can bring it with you to a hardware/bath shop.
    What make is shower?

I had a similar thing break and got a replacement in McDonoghs, pretty expensive I think at 20 or so. They know to charge for these things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,832 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If the shower is a Triton, call Barretts in Maynooth (the importer), if its a Mira call Modern Plant in Dublin (the importer); they'll have any parts cheapest.

Advertisement