Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reeses Pieces Cupcakes

Options
  • 31-10-2013 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good recipe for Reeses Pieces Cupcakes.
    I've looked online & the only ones I can find all seem to have American measurments, being that I wouldn't be the best baker I wouldn't like to risk converting the measures myself so was hoping someone could recommend a recipe that was foolproof ;-)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Moved your thread to the baking forum, Mr2011 :).

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

The wife makes these for me on special occasions. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. Here goes:

- 170g softened butter
    - 170g golden caster sugar
    - 170g self raising flour
    - 3 tbsp cocoa powder
    - 1 tsp baking powder
    - 3-4 tbsp milk
    - 1 tsp vanilla extract
    - 6 reese's peanut butter cups chopped into small pieces
    - reese's peanut butter cups to decorate

For the peanut butter frosting
    -200g peanut butter
    -170g icing sugar
    -150ml full fat cream (philadelphia is good)

1. Preheat oven to 170deg/gas 3. Put 18 cupcake cases in the holes of two muffin tins. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk for around 5 mins or until pale and creamy. Whisk in the eggs, one by one, until combined. You may find the mixture curdles when you pop in the last egg but it should come together when you add the flour.

2. Sift over the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and stir in. Loosen the mixture with 3tbsp of milk and the vanilla extract. You want the batter to fall off the spoon easily- if you think its too thick add another 1 tbsp of milk. Stir in the chopped Reese's.

3. Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden and cooked through (slide a skewer in and if it comes out clean its done). Leave the cakes to cool in the tin for 10mins, then transfer to a wire rack.

4. To make the frosting beat the peanut butter with the icing sugar and cream cheese until smooth. There are no rules when icing a cupcake except that the icing has to be thick- really thick. Decorate with chopped Reese's Peanut butter cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Yum, thanks for sharing, can't wait to make them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Dont be put off by american recipies, get yourself a set of cup measures and your good to go. I use a lot of american recipies and never bother converting them, theres no point really and they often dont convert properly or easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

You can buy cup measures almost anywhere now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    You can buy cup measures almost anywhere now :)

This goes to show you how much I know about baking haha, I must keep an eye out for some.
    Ironically I'm engaged to a baker but can't ask him for help as they are a little suprise for him so they have to pass any experts taste test!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

And of course if you're lazy a regular mug is about 1 standard cup!

Advertisement