Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shapes in cakes

Options
  • 31-10-2013 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Slightly different from your standard questions on here,
    But has or does anyone use shapes insides bakes ie , sponge cakes or birthday type cakes when sliced have actual shapes or designs in them ,

I've to bake a 30th cake for the OH in the shape of a heart easy enough so far but I've been toying with the idea of hearts inside the cake some how ,
    But at a loss how to pull it off , Ive seen a few cakes that had what looked like cake pops added to a cake mix to give a spot type effect when sliced ,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Maybe something like this....

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

I made cupcakes last valentines day with hearts inside, what you do is bake a cake (i made red velvet to get red hearts, but you could easily just add some colouring to normal maderia) and when its baked cut out heart shapes. Then make your main cake, when filling the tin- half fill the tin, place your cut out hearts and then fill the rest of the cake batter around and over the hearts. Then bake, the cake might take slightly less time than normal, and when your checking if its done becareful that you dont poke your cake tester into the hearts because they are already cooked!!!
    They look fab when its cut open and everyone wonders how its done!!! Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Danii86 wrote: »
    I made cupcakes last valentines day with hearts inside, what you do is bake a cake (i made red velvet to get red hearts, but you could easily just add some colouring to normal maderia) and when its baked cut out heart shapes. Then make your main cake, when filling the tin- half fill the tin, place your cut out hearts and then fill the rest of the cake batter around and over the hearts. Then bake, the cake might take slightly less time than normal, and when your checking if its done becareful that you dont poke your cake tester into the hearts because they are already cooked!!!
    They look fab when its cut open and everyone wonders how its done!!! Good luck!!

Thank you Danii just what i was looking for ,

I'll post back results at the end of the week :-)

Advertisement