Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts that quote me

Options
  • 01-11-2013 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi, I have noticed that post that quote me often don't show up in my statistics. I post in a fair few threads and to see if anyone has replied to my posts I go into statistics and look at posts that quote Systemic Risk. Often no recent ones show up but if i look in the threads other users have quoted my posts. Is this a known problem? Why aren't they showing up? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

System lag, maybe. Takes about an hour I think for liked posts or quoted posts to appear.
    When's the last time someone quoted you? Says 1 day and ten hours in your profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Systemic Risk

System lag, maybe. Takes about an hour I think for liked posts or quoted posts to appear.
    When's the last time someone quoted you? Says 1 day and ten hours in your profile.

Cheers for the reply, I suppose a system lag is possible. An hour and ten minutes ago. If I remember correctly some posts that quoted me never showed up in the statistics. I could be mistaken. I would have to go trawling through my past threads to confirm this.

Cheers for the reply, I suppose a system lag is possible. An hour and ten minutes ago. If I remember correctly some posts that quoted me never showed up in the statistics. I could be mistaken. I would have to go trawling through my past threads to confirm this.

Just confirmed this. A post that quoted me 4 days ago never showed up in statistics.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Does the quote include "Originally Posted by Systemic Risk"?

Does the quote include "Originally Posted by Systemic Risk"?

Yes here is the page where it is quoted, its near the bottom of the page. Im quoted by spring onion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057070044&page=3

I quoted myself in this thread and that did show up in my statistics immediately so it is only sometimes this occurs. Maybe I am missing something obvious. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are you sorting by newest first

bluewolf wrote: »
    Are you sorting by newest first

Yes sorting by newest first. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry just realise I am probably posting in the wrong forum and should be posting in the help desk thread. Ill try there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Maybe I am missing something obvious. Thanks.

No you're not. Happens to me too.
    Yes sorting by newest first. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry just realise I am probably posting in the wrong forum and should be posting in the help desk thread. Ill try there.

Site Development would be considered a more appropriate location for this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=228

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Moved to Site Dev :)

Moved to Site Dev :)

Thanks Nicola and sorry about the multiple threads in site development. I started a thread in helpdesk before you moved this one and it was also moved to site development :(. My bad, If you could perhaps close/delete one of them. Sorry for inconvenience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Yes here is the page where it is quoted, its near the bottom of the page. Im quoted by spring onion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057070044&page=3

I quoted myself in this thread and that did show up in my statistics immediately so it is only sometimes this occurs. Maybe I am missing something obvious. Thanks.

The quote in that thread was edited by the user replying to you. They deleted your first paragraph so it didn't quote your full post. Could explain it?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement