Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is HMV Reopening in XtraVision Letterkenny Nov 02

Options
  • 01-11-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure i heard this on Highland Radio, but i see nothing on the Xtravision website as i searched on boards here for it, wonder what movies are for sale at €2.99 & i see Bluray players for €9.99!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Well it's already got the HMV branding up (asking with the Xtravision branding) so I'd take that as a yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Pique wrote: »
    Well it's already got the HMV branding up (asking with the Xtravision branding) so I'd take that as a yes.

I wouldnt know as i havent been at Letterkenny for a while, & i'm coming back down from Dublin on the bus on Sat, is it worth it getting off, was there any more opening days & did anyone get anything good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

I haven't been in there in ages.
    What are you looking for, specifically?
    Might take a run to Tesco tonight and I can pop in for a quick look.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Confirmed in the Donegal News today that HMV will open tomorrow, Saturday with "one day only" deals

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah I'm not around Letterkenny tomorrow. Guess it means their prices will be down to online prices. :)

I do hope that they do have good offers going forward. I remember saying before that Letterkenny needs a HMV or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone call in to see if there's much of a difference?

The only things that were good in it were 9 bluray players afaik LG for €9 for special offer from €99, &
    some new games down in price that's all, i did see 3 blurays for €20, but seen better on Amazon & afaik there's another 3 for £17 from Amazon in my email.

Just to note, i mentioned to one of the staff that Letterkenny wasnt shown as one of the stores on the website for the official opening, as he saw that himself & wondered why!

One of the reasons that HMV closed down that time was the overpriced stuff was evident there in the store
    Walking Dead S03 Bluray @ €45.99 + S01-3 @ €79.99
    Breaking Bad S05 BD @ €27.99
    Star Wars 6 Disc BD @ 64.99
    Indiana Jones BD @ 39.99
    Harry Potter BD 7 disc @ €49.99

Go figure!

Advertisement