Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB staff shortgages

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How they are set up is nothing to do with me, but I think they have been with the bank since inception.

They need a cheque account, not sure if they could use a CU for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I haven't been inside my bank in years. I work next door to it and see hoards of people going in and out every day. I don't see the need if you are organised

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AlexisM

Would you all be happy to pay higher/any fees in return for improved teller service? My guess is no. How much money do you think a bank can make on an account where a salary comes in once a month and then disappears pretty quickly? People seems to hate the idea of paying fees now - so it's not really fair to expect the same service as when fees were charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

in relation to most business I would agree, pay for what you get, but it's when you see the balance sheets for a credit union that I cannot see how a bank isn't making money.

I think its the same as the country, there's a black hole to be filled and until that is sorted banks will not a functioning business. Let's hope the customers jumping ship now will want them when they return to profitability.

The only people I can see who cant survive with out a bank are business and self employed and the hot topics in these circles are' how can we cut out the merchant accounts / bank charges?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

AlexisM wrote: »
    Would you all be happy to pay higher/any fees in return for improved teller service? My guess is no. How much money do you think a bank can make on an account where a salary comes in once a month and then disappears pretty quickly? People seems to hate the idea of paying fees now - so it's not really fair to expect the same service as when fees were charged.

We used pay no/little fees and get way better service. I'm now paying far higher fees with AIB than I ever did before, including charges for doing my own transactions online, and even higher if I need to go to the bank, and the service is ****. As I pointed out earlier in the thread, I rarely need to go to the bank, and certainly wouldn't queue for a teller unless I had to. The last time I had to, one staff member stood around doing sfa except repeatedly ask people if they wanted to use a machine. After everyone had said no a few times, it would have been far more useful if she'd got behind the counter and bloody well served us. I'm sure she was just following orders, but it was very irritating.

I currently give them €14 a year just for the pleasure of handing them my money. If I then want to do anything with that money (like lodge, withdraw, pay bills), I have to pay them more for every transaction. If I need to actually talk to a human, I pay extra again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Notus

AIB have been doing this for years, always the slowest and longest wait of the main banks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Have to go in once a month and I can't do what I need to do by self service. The queues are getting worse and worse (last time was about a 35 minute wait ) and ironically it's at a time when their banking charges have gone through the roof.

Advertisement