Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer is printing payslip backwards - mirror effect

Options
  • 01-11-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

SuperquinnKilkennyRibworldAnnetteDoyle_zpsa0914e2d.jpg

My printer will not print a payslip correctly as above.

It prints all other documents correctly , but payslips are backwards .

Anyone know how to fix this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

ok try getting a pdf printer program and print it to PDF first

if you have adobe acrobat pro (not the free reader) it has this feature a lot of other programs like foxit has it they will install a virtual printer to create the PDF
    then make sure it not just your application if you can print from PDF correctly

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

oh i was going to say the obvious of re install driver till i re read your post and says its only pay slips that's the issue

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Have you checked the settings in your payslip software? Is print reverse or something like that an option? Look in the page setup settings also, it's probably a setting in the software causing it, especially as it's isolated to the one program.
    Out of interest whats the payslip program called?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gut feeling is that the payslip printing program has been configured to print on that special carbon paper or something - you know those payslips that come encased in a little sealed envelope that you rip off the edges?

Afaik they print from the back to imprint on the paper inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

yoyo wrote: »
    Have you checked the settings in your payslip software? Is print reverse or something like that an option? Look in the page setup settings also, it's probably a setting in the software causing it, especially as it's isolated to the one program.
    Out of interest whats the payslip program called?

Nick

Its not a programme ., - Its a copy payslip that is emailed to me by an employer .
    In PDF , and maybe it is set in such a way that it cannot be printed properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Print it out using dot matrix, then turn the sheet of paper around. Working as designed.
    Haha no, not really. Tell your employer to cop on and fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Its not a programme ., - Its a copy payslip that is emailed to me by an employer .
    In PDF , and maybe it is set in such a way that it cannot be printed properly

If its a copy on a PDF then they have probably just printed your payslip to a pdf printer as opposed to the normal printer. The normal printer most likely needs the print in reverse to print on a sealed payslip.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

scan it in and reverse the image?

Advertisement