Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a builder to quote for remedial structural work on sale agreed property

Options
  • 01-11-2013 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I have gone sale agreed on a property but while I am out of the country the survey came back and showed some relatively minor structural work which needs to be completed. As this wasn't apparent at the time of sale we will be looking to renegotiate the agreed sale price but I cannot get a builder to get a quote for while I am away which is slowing down the process

Does anyone know of a way to get a quote from a builder from a distance? Especially since we are just sale agreed and it might be a while before we can get the go ahead to get the work itself done, its a property in the Naas area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is your surveyor able to do this?

You could employ a quantity surveyor. Asking a builder for quotes can be distinctly problematic in such cases as it is invariably difficult to get the builder to understand what is needed.

What is the scale of the work?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tvc15

Victor wrote: »
    Is your surveyor able to do this?

You could employ a quantity surveyor. Asking a builder for quotes can be distinctly problematic in such cases as it is invariably difficult to get the builder to understand what is needed.

What is the scale of the work?

Might have to pay the surveyor for the quote but he was very reluctant to even give me a ballpark figure which was around 3k to 4k

Advertisement