Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sling recommendation?

Options
  • 01-11-2013 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this thread has been done to death, I'm posting from my phone, and a quick search didn't throw up anything recent.

My boy likes to be carried (a lot!) and it's murder on my back, as well as leaving me unable to get anything done. I have a Stokke mycarrier, but he's just a bit too little yet, and it's awkward to use on your own. I'd like a stretchy material sling - like a wrap that just huddles the baby to your chest, that's not wildly expensive. If possible from a bricks & mortar shop as opposed to online (I like to have a look & touch of these things!) Any ideas/recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

nikpmup wrote: »
    Apologies if this thread has been done to death, I'm posting from my phone, and a quick search didn't throw up anything recent.

My boy likes to be carried (a lot!) and it's murder on my back, as well as leaving me unable to get anything done. I have a Stokke mycarrier, but he's just a bit too little yet, and it's awkward to use on your own. I'd like a stretchy material sling - like a wrap that just huddles the baby to your chest, that's not wildly expensive. If possible from a bricks & mortar shop as opposed to online (I like to have a look & touch of these things!) Any ideas/recommendations?

Definitely try get to a sling meet! Babywearing Ireland & local libraries run then regularly, so you can try a few different types, and see what you like. You can't rent for two weeks from baby wearing Irelsnd also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

liliq wrote: »
    Definitely try get to a sling meet! Babywearing Ireland & local libraries run then regularly, so you can try a few different types, and see what you like. You can't rent for two weeks from baby wearing Irelsnd also.

Thank you! I just looked them up, I had no idea you could rent them :) there's actually a meet up near me in the morning - if jnr lets me sleep and I'm up early enough I'll go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had a Mei Tai and will be buying another one when this baby is born, but do try to go along to a sling meet you'll find one that suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I have a JPMBB and a Manduca carrier. I use the Manduca more now but used the JPMBB alot when the little man was smaller as it was so cozy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love my baba sling and my Ergo but for totally different reasons,try loads and see what suits you.

• Advertisement

Nead21 wrote: »
    I have a JPMBB and a Manduca carrier. I use the Manduca more now but used the JPMBB alot when the little man was smaller as it was so cozy.

I managed to get me and him out to that sling meeting this morning, tried on a JPMBB, and loved it - so did he, crucially. It's the type of thing I was looking for. OH's mum wants to buy us a gift so she's said she'll pay for it :) Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

nikpmup wrote: »
    I managed to get me and him out to that sling meeting this morning, tried on a JPMBB, and loved it - so did he, crucially. It's the type of thing I was looking for. OH's mum wants to buy us a gift so she's said she'll pay for it :) Happy days!

Yay! Was it the meet with Hilary? She's a gem, such a sweetheart!
    I wish I'd known about those kind of slings when my son was young enough. They look so cosy!
    We started using an ergo when R was 9 months & loved it.

It was, I only got in by the skin of my teeth but she was very helpful. We ended up keeping her half an hour late :o (mainly because my lad decided to fill his nappy (and vest and sleepsuit and car seat!) just as I walked in so I had to change him on the floor; she had to wait for him to be tidied up before she could demo the sling!

Advertisement