Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confessions of a never has been.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

That was a nail biting finish!!! brilliant performance.... did you get 2 or 3 medals???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

annapr wrote: »
    That was a nail biting finish!!! brilliant performance.... did you get 2 or 3 medals???

Thanks A! 2 medals ( club and county) , sorry - probably didn't make that clear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great stuff D, looks like you indeed wanted it, and pretty badly too! Nice haul of medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

On the edge of my seat reading that. Very well done, impressive performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Savage stuff D, I knew you'd take even him though I hadn't finished reading your report. Serious racing as always.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Excellent racing and dare I say.. even better report.

Savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Well done, that's great work all round. Most of us were struggling to get around 3 laps, but you were flying at the end of 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Brilliant report! I was biting my nails (again) reading it :D I was with Adrian on the finish straight roaring you on, we had seen you pass the sportsworld guy as you came out of the second field and watched as he tried to come back at you on each corner. Poor Adrian had a conflict of interests :p yer man was right on your heals but I could see in your face you were not letting this one go. I both love and hate the finish straight of a XC race in equal measure, it separates the men from the boys, delighted you won that battle yesterday and a real pleasure to finally meet you. Congrats on the medal haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

wow - great racing, great writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Brilliant racing and brilliant report. I'm sitting at my desk and I'm physically sitting on the edge of my seat and pushing you on as I read the report!!! :D Congrats on super performance and the medals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Great sprint finish there D. I'll be sure to tell my club-mate that he missed out on a medal too. I presume you'll be going to Tuam at the weekend. I don't think I'll be racing on Saturday anyway and if I do it will be in a hungover state!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

What a superb race! Cross country tactics at their absolute best! I'm convinced that only cross country can get that level of effort out of runners and your report got your 100% effort across perfectly! Fantastic. Well done to you, I hope you're delighted with yourself, I'd be on a high for a week if I'd run a race like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Nice one D.
    Now all you need to do is break 90 playing golf :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Great going, D. A race ran and reported with equal passion. Running in it's rawest format indeed with club and county glory as the reward.

Doing the training is one thing but backing it up with a bit of fire in the belly and the will to win is a whole other ball game. Fairplay. Can't wait to see how you get on at the Raheny 5 if you can harness a bit of that grit and determination on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Back in Black

Great stuff D. Really enjoyed reading your report too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Great race and report D well done :)

Murph_D wrote: »
    Great stuff D, looks like you indeed wanted it, and pretty badly too! Nice haul of medals.

Thanks D - sure all its all about the hunger inside really isn't it?!

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    On the edge of my seat reading that. Very well done, impressive performance.

Thanks Laura !

tang1 wrote: »
    Savage stuff D, I knew you'd take even him though I hadn't finished reading your report. Serious racing as always.

Thanks B - I'm glad you were sure ..coz I certainly wasn't at the time !

Ferris B wrote: »
    Excellent racing and dare I say.. even better report.

Savage.

Thanks C - the report was the easier of the two in fairness

• Advertisement

Well done, that's great work all round. Most of us were struggling to get around 3 laps, but you were flying at the end of 4!

Thanks WW - don't know about flying !, To steal MurphD's phrase from his masters report...the "cattle prods" from the supporting crowd certainly helped

Brilliant report! I was biting my nails (again) reading it :D I was with Adrian on the finish straight roaring you on, we had seen you pass the sportsworld guy as you came out of the second field and watched as he tried to come back at you on each corner. Poor Adrian had a conflict of interests :p yer man was right on your heals but I could see in your face you were not letting this one go. I both love and hate the finish straight of a XC race in equal measure, it separates the men from the boys, delighted you won that battle yesterday and a real pleasure to finally meet you. Congrats on the medal haul.

Thanks AM...it was a great scrap to the end alright.....I suppose its those kind of battles that are unique to XC ( because of the scoring system) that force us to dig that bit deeper. I never really understood that until Dunboyne if I'm honest....I know all about it now though !

Great to meet you too and thanks again for the support, it really helped to keep the engine running at times

wow - great racing, great writing.

Thanks A - good to see you motoring through some good sessions again. Might see you at a race soon

Younganne wrote: »
    Brilliant racing and brilliant report. I'm sitting at my desk and I'm physically sitting on the edge of my seat and pushing you on as I read the report!!! :D Congrats on super performance and the medals.

LOL - thanks A, glad you enjoyed it

adrian522 wrote: »
    Great sprint finish there D. I'll be sure to tell my club-mate that he missed out on a medal too. I presume you'll be going to Tuam at the weekend. I don't think I'll be racing on Saturday anyway and if I do it will be in a hungover state!

Thanks A - good to see you after.

No Tuam this weekend - I don't think we're entering a team actually with Raheny 5 the following weekend. I'm sure your clubmate will have his revenge at some stage, he looked like he was gliding over the surface at times...while I huffed and puffed to try to get near him.

Mulberry wrote: »
    What a superb race! Cross country tactics at their absolute best! I'm convinced that only cross country can get that level of effort out of runners and your report got your 100% effort across perfectly! Fantastic. Well done to you, I hope you're delighted with yourself, I'd be on a high for a week if I'd run a race like that!

Thanks M - I'd agree completely, I can honestly say that was a new level of pain for me. Straight back training this week so while I deffo enjoyed the moment, there's a lot of work to do over the next few weeks.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Nice one D.
    Now all you need to do is break 90 playing golf :D

ha ha - that might actually impress the other DD P ?

Absolutely zero chance of me breaking 90 ....I'll stick to the running :pac:

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Great going, D. A race ran and reported with equal passion. Running in it's rawest format indeed with club and county glory as the reward.

Doing the training is one thing but backing it up with a bit of fire in the belly and the will to win is a whole other ball game. Fairplay. Can't wait to see how you get on at the Raheny 5 if you can harness a bit of that grit and determination on the road.

Cheers M - you're no stranger to the fire in the belly stuff ! Looking forward to Raheny now, still a bit of work to do first :)

Great stuff D. Really enjoyed reading your report too.

Thanks J - good to see you flying again. Looking forward to see what you can churn out over the next couple of months

• Advertisement

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Great race and report D well done :)

Thanks A - might see you at one next season ;-)

Advertisement