Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM error

Options
  • 01-11-2013 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

I tried to make a cash withdrawl at a BOI ATM on the 11th Oct with a BOI credit card.
    I didn't get the cash but I was debited on my account.
    Reported it on the 12th.
    Called BOI cc on Tuesday last, and was told I would be refunded in 24/48hrs.
    No money refunded up to yesterday and after calling again was told no such refund had been put in place and the matter still being investigated.

How do I progress with this?
    Its now 3 weeks, Its all BOI (card/atm), Ive seen another similar thread here where the refund happened in 3 workng days even though it was from a different bank.
    My statement is due for Monday when I presume I will be charged interest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Dobsdave,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear that this situation has caused you frustration.

In most circumstances, when you make a withdrawal attempt and the cash is not dispensed, the ATM should correct itself over night and your account is then credited with the funds. However in your situation, this does not appeared to have happened.

From what you have explained in your post, we gather that during your conversation with Credit Cards, they have now started a full investigation into this matter with our dedicated Chargeback's department, whom should get back to you shortly.

For further clarification on this investigation, we would advise that you contact Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 and a representative will be happy to clarify this issue.

We hope this helps,

Thanks
    Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Thanks for the reply, however ringing the same people who weren't able to tell me anything in the first place isn't much use
    i would assume.

Is three weeks+ acceptable/usual timeframe for BOI to check a BOI ATM?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pawel2006

Dobsdave,

My recommendation is to contact BOI Network Complaints Team:
    1) their address is BOI Network Complaints Team, 4th Floor, Arena Building, Whitestown Way, Tallaght, Dublin 24
    2) state clearly in your letter the following: you are raising the COMPLAINT with BOI (not question, query etc but complaint), state the date when you informed them first time, ask BOI to give you your money back asap and inform BOI that you are planning to raise this to Financial Ombudsman if your query is not resolved
    3) send private message with your name and address to somebody from BOI boards.ie team (listed on the right) and ask them to forward this thread both to your branch and to network complaints team

I was in similar situation. Before I escalated and said clearly that I will raise it to Ombudsman nothing was happening in my case.

The banks do not wants customers to go to Ombudsman so they will start working on your case. I am pretty sure it will be resolved quickly.

Regards,

Pawel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Thanks Pawel2006

I actually got a text from 'boi service' on Friday night at 9pm saying my issue had been processed.
    Rang today and was told that they were now looking in to my query.
    So basically I have been in a queue/ignored for 3 weeks!
    Not impressed at all.

Advertisement