Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Ban

Options
  • 01-11-2013 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I've been banned from the golf forum with no warning whatsoever in thread or by PM, below is the PM I recieved from the Mod
    GreeBo wrote:
    Dear Daithio12,

You have been permanently banned from Golf for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

GreeBo

Moderator Note

rule #1, don't be a dick.
    you failed.
    goodbye.

Your post:
    Daithio12 wrote: »
    About 14", but it depends on how excited I am.

My post was in this thread, but the post has subseqently been deleted (which I don't really have an issue with as the thread is nonsense and pointless anyway) and BTW contrary to the Golf forum charter.

I've PM the mod in question with no joy and no reasonable explanation as you can see from the exchange below.
    GreeBo wrote:
    check your history and you might get a clue.

DRP thread is your next step here.
    I shant be responding again.
    Daithio12 wrote:
    GreeBo wrote:
    Daithio12 wrote:
    GreeBo wrote:
    Daithio12 wrote:
    Are you serious?, it was a joke.
    totally serial.
    Ah c'mon Greebo FFS I was clearly taking the piss out of the thread title!, is humor not allowed?.
    at this stage, from you, no.
    I don't understand, can you elaborate please?.

Yes I've been banned before for been a bad boy and I've accepted that (although I don't necessarily agree with it) and served my time, and then I come back and make a seemingly harmless and IMO a humerous post and I get insta banned with no explanation?.
    I'd like to appeal the ban.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi,

I'll take a look at this in the next couple of hours and try get back to you by this evening.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

While looking at your ban its clear that you've a history in the Golf forum and it isnt exactly a glorious one either.

1 warning, 4 infractions, 4 bans all from the Golf forum.

Your latest ban for trolling the Golf forum is justified IMO as it simply added nothing to the thread other then to derail it and bring it off topic. The topic at hand was relating to distance regarding Golf shots but you made a crude remark that was childish and unnecessary.

This permanent ban from Golf comes on the back of a 3month ban in May, a 1 week ban in April, a 2week ban back in June 2012 that was upgraded to a 1 month site ban over abusive PM's, I can only assume relating to your Golf ban earlier that all came only 1 month after you joined Boards.ie

You've also started a Feedback thread relating to GreeBo and your ban in May without going down the correct avenues, in that case a DRP.

I've looked back through your previous Golf bans as well as the most recent Permanent ban and I see no reason to overturn this or any other previous bans on your record, the decision to permanently ban you from the Golf Forum stands.

If you wish to have an Admin review this decision then you are free to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Daithio12

Thanks for that I'll close my account now and rereg and start afresh, smell ya fcukers!.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement