Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

ger664 wrote: »
    Derailing the rant thread

I think that's a pretty good rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

I think that's a pretty good rant.

True... Probably best in the thread for the race so next year anyone thinking about it might get to see it instead of it getting lost in here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Damn supermarket multipacks of chocolate bars. They're so cheap .why buy one when you can buy four! Thank God I run or my sweet tooth would be the death of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

RedRunner wrote: »
    Damn supermarket multipacks of chocolate bars. They're so cheap .why buy one when you can buy four! Thank God I run or my sweet tooth would be the death of me!

Im the very same. Just like Lidls huge chocolate chip kookies for 39 cents. You cant pass dem by really. Well I cant.

And wile Im here. How long dose the queue in Lidl have to be before theyll open a new till. Like does it have to be a queue stretchin down to the end of the shop? I grew old waitin in there this evening. Lucky I had me kookies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Pedestrian lights that only get you half way across the road.

Yes, I would like to spend some time on the traffic island in the middle of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Pedestrian lights that only get you half way across the road.

Yes, I would like to spend some time on the traffic island in the middle of the road.

That's a rant of mine too. My 90 year old great aunt can't go to her local Dunnes because she can't get across the road before the damn lights turns red.
    I think that's sad and just cruel:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Ososlo wrote: »
    That's a rant of mine too. My 90 year old great aunt can't go to her local Dunnes because she can't get across the road before the damn lights turns red.
    I think that's sad and just cruel:mad:

Get Age Action and the council onto that. Should be able to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Chest infections - have moved to the couch to avoid waking the rest if the house - cough taking hold nicely - missed last weekend's long run - really need to do one in next week or so before dcm - pi$$ed off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Im the very same. Just like Lidls huge chocolate chip kookies for 39 cents. You cant pass dem by really. Well I cant.

And wile Im here. How long dose the queue in Lidl have to be before theyll open a new till. Like does it have to be a queue stretchin down to the end of the shop? I grew old waitin in there this evening. Lucky I had me kookies!

The queues in Lidi drive me insane, no wonder they are making money, they have only about 3 staff!

SamforMayo wrote: »
    The queues in Lidi drive me insane, no wonder they are making money, they have only about 3 staff!

And usually two of them three staff are down hidin at the bottom of the store hoping that they wont be called up to do the till. The unlucky person then does a big slow walk up to the till. All the time the ques are getting even longer!

• Advertisement

And usually two of them three staff are down hidin at the bottom of the store hoping that they wont be called up to do the till. The unlucky person then does a big slow walk up to the till. All the time the ques are getting even longer!

So true, and you should never move to the till that they announce is going to open as it takes the person so long to appear to open it you will have lost the will to live.

So true, and you should never move to the till that they announce is going to open as it takes the person so long to appear to open it you will have lost the will to live.

I normally try the WAIT IN THE LONG GRASS movement, I wait just away from the que. maybe choose the long grass down the ackohol isle. then as the staff person comes up from the back of the shop i kinda jump out of the long grass and follow them. sometimes it leads to till 5 that no one was expectin. doesnt always wrk but still keeps me entertaned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Scones with currants in them!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Lollipop men/women who are stationed at pedestrian lights and press the button, wait until it turns red and then walk out on the road with their stick. Surely you only need one or the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭barneyrubble46

I hate the stupid women who stand in line a the check out, then get their purse out to pay after all their bags are packed, then take for every to put the money in their purse, do the purse up, place purse in bag, do up bag, place bag in trolley, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh come on ladies, quick sticks please at the checkout. Pay then move away from the damm check out. I wish I was a man, just a wallet to worry about!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

KJ wrote: »
    Lollipop men/women who are stationed at pedestrian lights and press the button, wait until it turns red and then walk out on the road with their stick. Surely you only need one or the other?

Unfortunately not, many drivers are idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Fecking thunder and lightening. The poor dog can't cope with this at all :( Plus, I wont be able to get a run in this eve if it keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Rega

RubyK wrote: »
    Fecking thunder and lightening. The poor dog can't cope with this at all :( Plus, I wont be able to get a run in this eve if it keeps up.

I wasn't long legging it back to the car at the end of my run there. The clap of thunder overhead was a great motivator to pick up the pace.

I normally try the WAIT IN THE LONG GRASS movement, I wait just away from the que. maybe choose the long grass down the ackohol isle. then as the staff person comes up from the back of the shop i kinda jump out of the long grass and follow them. sometimes it leads to till 5 that no one was expectin. doesnt always wrk but still keeps me entertaned

Jaysus you could get arrested for that carry on!!!!!

Roy Keane, get over yourself you bitter old crank.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Roy Keane, get over yourself you bitter old crank.

A media whore. So contrived.

Vegetarian meals in restaurants having no protein in them. Lots of carbs and lots of veg but no protein :(
    We need our "meat" too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭ger664

walshb wrote: »
    Scones with currants in them!:mad:

Worse Scones advetised as Fruit scones that only have One Currant in them :mad::mad:

ger664 wrote: »
    Worse Scones advetised as Fruit scones that only have One Currant in them :mad::mad:

Oh yes, it reminds me of a time my mother shamed me in a coffee shop when she asked the waitress if we were expected to cycle between the currants they were so far apart.

Pubs which not only have the Late Late on the TV, but who continuously turn the volume up so they can hear what Majella has to say.

Ffs, I came to the pub to get away from a night in front of the TV, not to a place where I'm just staring at people because we can't converse with each other.

Pubs which not only have the Late Late on the TV, but who continuously turn the volume up so they can hear what Majella has to say.

Ffs, I came to the pub to get away from a night in front of the TV, not to a place where I'm just staring at people because we can't converse with each other.
    You re in the wrong pub;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭gerard_65

People using mobile phones while I trying to watch the LLS in the pub. Go home if you want to post on boards.

You re in the wrong pub;)

I'm currently in a 2 pub town, 1 of which has been closed for years!

Ah ffs, a regular just commandeered the remote and now darts are on. Volume is still ear bursting.

Ah ffs, a regular just commandeered the remote and now darts are on. Volume is still ear bursting.

Ah feck it, you re missing Nevin Maguire on the Late, Late:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Might be an app for that ;)

Dezember, Obzessed, Nevyou!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Ecolis closed account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Ecolis closed account.

DrQ says he is not impressed :pac:

Ecolis closed account.

Ah man!! This whole thing has got out of control. This is f***ing BS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm very disappointed in all this. I don't know any of the lads personally but I think they offer great advice and have been generous with their time and I found their logs to be a great resource also.

Hopefully there may be a change of mind over the coming days and weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

What have I missed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

What have I missed?
    Bout 3 yrs of training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Peterx

jaysus I have the FOMO in a big way today. I don't even know who the lad/lady is/was that closed the account in a huff today, never mind who he/she was fighting with.
    I was mildly surprised that anyone could get so vexed in 27 posts but then it was kindly explained by the re-reg paragraph. It amazes me that anyone could get so het up.
    Does Doc Q the 5th mean he had 4 previous accounts?????

Peterx wrote: »
    jaysus I have the FOMO in a big way today. I don't even know who the lad/lady is/was that closed the account in a huff today, never mind who he/she was fighting with.
    I was mildly surprised that anyone could get so vexed in 27 posts but then it was kindly explained by the re-reg paragraph. It amazes me that anyone could get so het up.
    Does Doc Q the 5th mean he had 4 previous accounts?????

Yes 4 as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Rant: honest, intelligent, friendly, helpful and genuinely decent posters who've been giving good and useful useable advice for years feeling forced outve here due to extremely questionable alternative voices being proclaimed as some sort of Demi-Messiah! The very thing that made this place a resource for runners of all abilities is disappearing in a cloud of bull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Today is going to go down in boards history

pa4 wrote: »
    Today is going to go down in boards history
    There's been better scraps. I won't mention any in case they kick off again. Whats happened will soon be forgotten and new accounts will be opened.

Our national football team. Absolute sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

gerard_65 wrote: »
    There's been better scraps. I won't mention any in case they kick off again. Whats happened will soon be forgotten and new accounts will be opened.

I always miss the good scraps :(

pa4 wrote: »
    I always miss the good scraps :(
    Some were so good a few years ago the MOD's at the time are now in homes for the bewildered. You'd stay up all night reading people abusing each other before their posts were deleted. Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Our national football team. Absolute sh1t.

What?? :-)

neilc wrote: »
    What?? :-)
    Still sh1t.

Eamonn Dunphy. The Soccer version of Stazza.

Eh Martin, I don't think that's the exact team that won the world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Eh Martin, I don't think that's the exact team that won the world cup.

Still an excellent result, and even if we played some ****, we showed some good stuff when we had our best players on the pitch. Things will improve even more when McCarthy, Long and Coleman return.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement