Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

1626364656668»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

davedanon wrote: »
    Still an excellent result, and even if we played some ****, we showed some good stuff when we had our best players on the pitch. Things will improve even more when McCarthy, Long and Coleman return.

+ 1 . Great result, fair play to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

A grown man making up stories over in the training logs forum, gets his lies called out and then makes up some insane cover story........ SNIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Missing out on the above scandal, boo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

tunguska wrote: »
    A grown man making up stories over in the training logs forum, gets his lies called out and then makes up some insane cover story........ SNIP

Hold on til I get a glass of wine and a bag of Tayto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

gerard_65 wrote: »
    Some were so good a few years ago the MOD's at the time are now in homes for the bewildered. You'd stay up all night reading people abusing each other before their posts were deleted. Great craic.

I'm sure it was fun to follow (not being sarcastic at you here Ger; I genuinely reckon it was entertaining to follow if you were a neutral!), but the legal threats and ruined careers and sheer hatred dislike on all sides was horrible to have to moderate or be part of. I was going to say this current spat here is a schoolyard fight in comparison, but its not at all for the mods (pconn especially) who have to deal with the PM's and reported posts and have to take time out of their day to deal with that crap.

So my rant is at anyone who added to pconn's workplate for wind-up reasons, when all he wanted to do was help run a forum that talks athletics/running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

A grown man making up stories over in the training logs forum, gets his lies called out and then makes up some insane cover story........ Is your real life that pathetic and empty? Grow up ye eejit. And get some professional help while you're at it.... You really need it.

And f**king wrecking a whole forum and community all in the name of some silly game. I am really angry about this, I mean driving the likes of ecoli to close his account and others with impeccable records to pick up warnings and infractions all for his own entertainment. At the same time driving a wedge between posters some of whom were actually friends in real life before all this sh*tstorm.
    I mean if this book cr*p is even real it's a disgrace he would use this whole episode for his 'research', surely there is a law against it?
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Gavlor's yellow card ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »
    And f**king wrecking a whole forum and community all in the name of some silly game. I am really angry about this, I mean driving the likes of ecoli to close his account and others with impeccable records to pick up warnings and infractions all for his own entertainment. At the same time driving a wedge between posters some of whom were actually friends in real life before all this sh*tstorm.
    I mean if this book cr*p is even real it's a disgrace he would use this whole episode for his 'research', surely there is a law against it?

Jaysus, he has the Ra after him now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Pconn must be tucked up in bed now. He's been in overdrive for the last two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

menoscemo wrote: »

I assume there is a way of site blocking his IP address? SNIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Missing out on the above scandal, boo.

Actually, I take it back. Just read through the last month or two of the log, what a mess. I should have added my post to the Rave thread, I was lucky to miss it from the beginning. It turned utterly bizarre tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Gavlor wrote: »
    SNIP

Post of the decade.......
    I think in light of recent developments your yellow card should be rescinded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Post of the decade.......
    I think in light of recent developments your yellow card should be rescinded.

I don't mind as long as I don't get one for my previous comment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

A wise ancient Greek once said;

Arguing on the tinterweb is like being in the special Olympics

Even if you win, you're still 'Special'

Them ancient Greeks knew their 5hit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

Some people on here need I grow the **** up and stop acting like children. Never in my life have I come across such a bunch of immature grown men like this. It's ironic that the person being blamed for everything never said a bad word about anyone while everyone is feeling sorry for the the so called 'victim' (not talking about ecoli) SNIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Guys, please let's move on and start to get the forum back to normal. The issue will be looked into but for now just leave it and get back to talking about athletics.

Also, I know emotions are high but I've had to edit a few posts and we can't allow posts like that whatever the circumstances, it will draw unwanted attention to the forum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

All of a sudden I understand why Ray has been in the IM 70.3 Dublin thread so much...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's past your bedtime all of you. Now get some sleep and we'll see you again tomorrow for a new day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

pa4 wrote: »
    Some people on here need I grow the **** up and stop acting like children. Never in my life have I come across such a bunch of immature grown men like this. It's ironic that the person being blamed for everything never said a bad word about anyone while everyone is feeling sorry for the the so called 'victim' (not talking about ecoli) SNIP

He has been subtly (and not so subtly) goading many people on here for months now and caused several account closures for more than one person.

OK sorry Pconn, just seeing this now will get back to Athletics...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Rather than waste my time cleaning this thread up as I really can't be bothered, it's time to move to a shiny new thread over here.

I will sneak in one last rant on here though as I have the power...

Users of boards.ie causing unnecessary hassle for mods. :D

</end>

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement