Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any decent alternative to buying larger storage ipad?

• 01-11-2013 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭

Any advancements in using the camera kit or other external hds?

Or is it a case of just buying the biggest ipad i can afford?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

Well, what do you need the storage for? If it's something like storing your music collection Spotify would be good, Netflix for movies, and if it's just a a lot of small files then cloud storage could do it alright. Wouldn't recommend using the cloud for large files (unless you have a really fast connection), as you're going to be waiting ages for things to upload.

To answer your questions RE camera kits and external HDs: External HDs are a definite no (especially without jailbreaking); not too sure what you want from the camera kit though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

im thinking movies on a flight, everything at home can be cloud based, thats fine

i know there is some limited possibilities to store movies on an sd card with the camera kit and watch them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

On a 32GB iPad you can store enough videos for a 12 hour flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

I don't think its too easy playing movies off a SD card through the camera kit. I tried it before and couldn't get it working using any official app. It was possible through Jailbreaking but not easily. it might be possible to pretend the SD card is from a Camera (from my memory IOS only looks in the DCIM folder), and import it to the ipad, but then might only be able to play through the video app which supports limited formats, and also you would need to copy it off the SD card which could take a while.

I could be completely wrong about the above, it was a couple of years ago so it might have changed.

As Hobbes says, 32gb should be enough for a flight, just make sure the format isn't 1080p so the file sizes aren't huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Ya 32 would be fine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Cyrus wrote: »
    im thinking movies on a flight, everything at home can be cloud based, thats fine

i know there is some limited possibilities to store movies on an sd card with the camera kit and watch them

You can't use the camera kit that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I got one of these ; Amazon

Advertisement